Skip Navigation

[Resolved] Fatal error in WP Admin when activating Types

This support ticket is created 3 years, 11 months ago. There's a good chance that you are reading advice that it now obsolete.

This is the technical support forum for Toolset - a suite of plugins for developing WordPress sites without writing PHP.

Everyone can read this forum, but only Toolset clients can post in it. Toolset support works 6 days per week, 19 hours per day.

Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
- 9:00 – 12:00 9:00 – 12:00 9:00 – 12:00 9:00 – 12:00 9:00 – 12:00 -
- 13:00 – 18:00 13:00 – 18:00 13:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 13:00 – 18:00 -

Supporter timezone: America/Jamaica (GMT-05:00)

This topic contains 5 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by filipeC 3 years, 11 months ago.

Assisted by: Shane.

Author

I am trying to: Install the Toolset Types and Views plugins

Link to a page where the issue can be seen: When I activate the Types plugin, the admin page goes down but the main site continues to work. I cannot activate the Views plugin (clicking "Activate" simply doesn't do anything)

I expected to see: The activated plugin

Instead, I got:
When activating the Types plugin: "There has been a critical error on your website. Please check your site admin email inbox for instructions." Removing the folder from the website using SSH access restores the site.
When activating the Views plugin: Nothing happens.
All other Toolset plugins we wanted installed without problems.

I have tried deactivating other plugins (everything except Authorizer and TAMU CSDL Authenticator, which authorize the user logins for our site, and Updraft, which handles backups) but I was still unable to install the plugins.

Shane
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: America/Jamaica (GMT-05:00)

Hi Filipe,

Thank you for getting in touch.

I would like to know what Error is being thrown when you activate our plugins.

To do this I would recommend that you enable the wordpress debugging so that your website can print out the exact error that is being thrown.

Follow the instructions below in order to enable the debugging for wordpress.
hidden link

Once you've enabled the wordpress debugging you can try installing the plugins again and let me know what error is being displayed.

Secondly given that you have our Blocks plugin installed and active, you won't be able to activate our Views plugin.

Thanks,
Shane

It returns all of these errors:
Notice: A non well formed numeric value encountered in /csdl/projects/nadl/newsite/wp-content/themes/twenty-seventeen-child/functions.php on line 25

Apr 28, 19:43:39

Warning: A non-numeric value encountered in /csdl/projects/nadl/newsite/wp-content/themes/twenty-seventeen-child/functions.php on line 25

Warning: Use of undefined constant application - assumed 'application' (this will throw an Error in a future version of PHP) in /csdl/projects/nadl/newsite/wp-content/themes/twenty-seventeen-child/functions.php on line 25

Warning: Use of undefined constant vnd - assumed 'vnd' (this will throw an Error in a future version of PHP) in /csdl/projects/nadl/newsite/wp-content/themes/twenty-seventeen-child/functions.php on line 25

Warning: A non-numeric value encountered in /csdl/projects/nadl/newsite/wp-content/themes/twenty-seventeen-child/functions.php on line 25

Warning: Division by zero in /csdl/projects/nadl/newsite/wp-content/themes/twenty-seventeen-child/functions.php on line 25

Warning: Use of undefined constant google - assumed 'google' (this will throw an Error in a future version of PHP) in /csdl/projects/nadl/newsite/wp-content/themes/twenty-seventeen-child/functions.php on line 25

Warning: Use of undefined constant earth - assumed 'earth' (this will throw an Error in a future version of PHP) in /csdl/projects/nadl/newsite/wp-content/themes/twenty-seventeen-child/functions.php on line 25

Warning: Use of undefined constant kml - assumed 'kml' (this will throw an Error in a future version of PHP) in /csdl/projects/nadl/newsite/wp-content/themes/twenty-seventeen-child/functions.php on line 25

Warning: Use of undefined constant xml - assumed 'xml' (this will throw an Error in a future version of PHP) in /csdl/projects/nadl/newsite/wp-content/themes/twenty-seventeen-child/functions.php on line 25

Notice: A non well formed numeric value encountered in /csdl/projects/nadl/newsite/wp-content/themes/twenty-seventeen-child/functions.php on line 25

Apr 28, 19:44:01

Notice: add_submenu_page was called incorrectly. The seventh parameter passed to

add_submenu_page()

should be an integer representing menu position. Please see <a href="https://wordpress.org/support/article/debugging-in-wordpress/">Debugging in WordPress</a> for more information. (This message was added in version 5.3.0.) in /csdl/projects/nadl/newsite/wp-includes/functions.php on line 5167

Apr 28, 19:44:10

Warning: An unexpected error occurred. Something may be wrong with WordPress.org or this server’s configuration. If you continue to have problems, please try the <a href="https://wordpress.org/support/forums/">support forums</a>. (WordPress could not establish a secure connection to WordPress.org. Please contact your server administrator.) in /csdl/projects/nadl/newsite/wp-includes/update.php on line 388

Apr 28, 19:44:13

Fatal error: Uncaught Error: Call to undefined function simplexml_load_file() in /csdl/projects/nadl/newsite/wp-content/plugins/types/vendor/otgs/installer/includes/class-wp-installer.php:817

Stack Trace
WP_Installer->load_repositories_list()
/csdl/projects/nadl/newsite/wp-content/plugins/types/vendor/otgs/installer/includes/class-wp-installer.php:71
WP_Installer->__construct()
/csdl/projects/nadl/newsite/wp-content/plugins/types/vendor/otgs/installer/includes/class-wp-installer.php:50
WP_Installer::instance()
/csdl/projects/nadl/newsite/wp-content/plugins/types/vendor/otgs/installer/includes/functions-core.php:3
WP_Installer()
/csdl/projects/nadl/newsite/wp-content/plugins/types/vendor/otgs/installer/installer.php:15
include_once('/csdl/projects/...')
/csdl/projects/nadl/newsite/wp-content/plugins/types/vendor/otgs/installer/loader.php:164
wpml_installer_instance_delegator('')
/csdl/projects/nadl/newsite/wp-includes/class-wp-hook.php:287
/csdl/projects/nadl/newsite/wp-includes/class-wp-h in /csdl/projects/nadl/newsite/wp-content/plugins/types/vendor/otgs/installer/includes/class-wp-installer.php on line 817

Shane
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: America/Jamaica (GMT-05:00)

Hi Filipe,

Thank you for the debug data.

The fatal error is actually this one here.

Fatal error: Uncaught Error: Call to undefined function simplexml_load_file() 

This points to your xml php module not being enabled. What I recommend that you do is to get in touch with your hosting provider to enable this php module for you.

Please let me know if this helps.
Thanks,
Shane

My issue is resolved now. Thank you!

This ticket is now closed. If you're a WPML client and need related help, please open a new support ticket.