Skip Navigation

[Resolved] Fatal error: Call to undefined method OTG_Access_Shortcode_Generator::is_frontend

This thread is resolved. Here is a description of the problem and solution.

Problem: After updating Toolset plugins I see a Fatal Error on my site:

Call to undefined method OTG_Access_Shortcode_Generator::is_frontend

Solution:
Completely delete Toolset plugins from the wp-content/plugins folder using FTP or your host's Control Panel. Reinstall Toolset plugins using the latest versions.

This support ticket is created 6 years, 11 months ago. There's a good chance that you are reading advice that it now obsolete.

This is the technical support forum for Toolset - a suite of plugins for developing WordPress sites without writing PHP.

Everyone can read this forum, but only Toolset clients can post in it. Toolset support works 6 days per week, 19 hours per day.

Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
8:00 – 12:00 8:00 – 12:00 8:00 – 12:00 8:00 – 12:00 8:00 – 12:00 - -
13:00 – 17:00 13:00 – 17:00 13:00 – 17:00 13:00 – 17:00 13:00 – 17:00 - -

Supporter timezone: America/New_York (GMT-04:00)

Tagged: 

This topic contains 2 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by John 6 years, 10 months ago.

Assisted by: Christian Cox.

Author

I am trying to upgrade a live a site.
I experience a moment of terror every time I upgrade a site on which I use Types and Views.
It makes me feel like Joomla upgrades used to.

Today, I got this: Fatal error: Call to undefined method OTG_Access_Shortcode_Generator::is_frontend_editor_page() in /home/berrylan/public_html/wp-content/plugins/types-access/includes/Shortcode.php on line 113

I got the site back up, excluding all the functionality I derived from types by renaming the plug-in folders. Now, I will probably have to kill the rest of the day chasing down the problem.
Other word press plug-ins rarely have fatal issues.
Why yours?
Should I begin with Access or do you think the issue is some place else?
Thank you.

Yes, I would begin by removing the Access, Types and Views folders entirely. Then install Types and Views, update any other Toolset plugins, then reinstall and activate Access. If this doesn't resolve the problem, I'll have to take a closer look. If it's okay with you, please provide login credentials for your wp-admin area in the private reply fields here.

Completely deleting all the types, views, cred and access plug-ins and re-installing them solved the problem. Kind of defeats the point of an upgrade though.

This ticket is now closed. If you're a WPML client and need related help, please open a new support ticket.