Skip Navigation

[Resolved] Fatal error being triggered when updating Types

This support ticket is created 4 years, 5 months ago. There's a good chance that you are reading advice that it now obsolete.

This is the technical support forum for Toolset - a suite of plugins for developing WordPress sites without writing PHP.

Everyone can read this forum, but only Toolset clients can post in it. Toolset support works 6 days per week, 19 hours per day.

Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
8:00 – 12:00 8:00 – 12:00 8:00 – 12:00 8:00 – 12:00 8:00 – 12:00 - -
13:00 – 17:00 13:00 – 17:00 13:00 – 17:00 13:00 – 17:00 13:00 – 17:00 - -

Supporter timezone: America/New_York (GMT-04:00)

Tagged: 

This topic contains 1 reply, has 2 voices.

Last updated by Christian Cox 4 years, 5 months ago.

Assisted by: Christian Cox.

Author

I am trying to: Update the types plugin

Link to a page where the issue can be seen: hidden link

I expected to see: Types get updated.

Instead, I got: a fatal error.

This site is on GoDaddy hosting, is there perhaps an issue with the hosting? I'm unable to see the Commercial plugins tab in the plugins installer, and each time I try to upload and install Types, it triggers a fatal error. I checked the support forums and it seems that this issue has happened before with other sites, but there hasn't been a resolution

Hi, just to be sure, please download a fresh copy of Types 3.3.7 from https://toolset.com/account/downloads to be sure your zip file isn't corrupted. Delete any existing Types plugin from your site. Then as a quick test please temporarily deactivate all plugins and activate a default theme like Twenty Nineteen. Then try to upload the latest version of Types once again. If you continue to experience the fatal error, we need to find out more about that. I can show you how to activate server logs temporarily to get more information. Go in your wp-config.php file and look for

define('WP_DEBUG', false);

Change it to:

define('WP_DEBUG', true);

Then add these lines, just after the WP_DEBUG line:

define('WP_DEBUG_LOG', dirname(__FILE__) . '/error_log.txt');
define( 'WP_DEBUG_DISPLAY', false );
@ini_set( 'display_errors', 0 );

Update the wp-config.php file to your server using FTP or a cPanel file manager. Then try to upload Types once again. When the error is thrown, this should create an error_log.txt file in your site's root directory. You may need to refresh with FTP to see that file. Please open that file in any text editor and copy its contents. Paste those in your next reply for me to review. Once that is done, you can revert the changes you made to wp-config.php and delete the log file.

Let me know if you run into issues generating this log file and I can take a closer look.

This ticket is now closed. If you're a WPML client and need related help, please open a new support ticket.