Skip Navigation

[Resolved] Fatal error after latest updates (Views 3.3) on sites with Layouts

This support ticket is created 3 years, 7 months ago. There's a good chance that you are reading advice that it now obsolete.

This is the technical support forum for Toolset - a suite of plugins for developing WordPress sites without writing PHP.

Everyone can read this forum, but only Toolset clients can post in it. Toolset support works 6 days per week, 19 hours per day.

Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
- 9:00 – 12:00 9:00 – 12:00 9:00 – 12:00 9:00 – 12:00 9:00 – 12:00 -
- 13:00 – 18:00 13:00 – 18:00 13:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 13:00 – 18:00 -

Supporter timezone: America/Jamaica (GMT-05:00)

Tagged: 

This topic contains 3 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by scottL-3 3 years, 1 month ago.

Assisted by: Shane.

Author

I am trying to:
Apply the latest updates to Types, Views, Access, WC Views but after doing so the site is broken with a fatal error

Link to a page where the issue can be seen:
Had to restore from backup to get the site working so you cannot observe the issue but here's the error log contents:
[16-Sep-2020 15:40:19 UTC] PHP Fatal error: Uncaught Error: Class 'Toolset_Relationship_Role' not found in /home/walden/public_html/wp-content/plugins/wp-views/backend/Services/Bootstrap.php:125
Stack trace:
#0 /home/xxxxxxxx/public_html/wp-content/plugins/wp-views/application/controllers/main.php(92): OTGS\Toolset\Views\Services\Bootstrap->initialize()
#1 /home/xxxxxx/public_html/wp-includes/class-wp-hook.php(287): WPV_Main->initialize_classes(Object(Toolset_Common_Bootstrap))
#2 /home/xxxxxxxx/public_html/wp-includes/class-wp-hook.php(311): WP_Hook->apply_filters(NULL, Array)
#3 /home/xxxxxxxxx/public_html/wp-includes/plugin.php(478): WP_Hook->do_action(Array)
#4 /home/xxxxxxxxx/public_html/wp-content/plugins/types-access/vendor/toolset/toolset-common/bootstrap.php(107): do_action('toolset_common_...', Object(Toolset_Common_Bootstrap))
#5 /home/xxxxxxxxx/public_html/wp-content/plugins/types-access/vendor/toolset/toolset-common/bootstrap.php(126): Toolset_Common_Bootstrap->__construct()
#6 /home/xxxxxxx/public_html/wp-content/plugins/types/application/controllers/m in /home/walden/public_html/wp-content/plugins/wp-views/backend/Services/Bootstrap.php on line 125

I expected to see:
The site working.

Instead, I got:
The WordPress "Your site is experiencing a technical difficulty" error screen.

I believe this only happens on sites using Layouts (but not necessarily all sites using Layouts). It has happened on two different sites so far. I stopped applying updates for now so don't know if it will happen on others.

Debug info below is from restored site, not broken site.

Shane
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: America/Jamaica (GMT-05:00)

Hi Scott,

Thank you for getting touch.

Actually our development team is aware of this issue and created an erratas page to track it.
https://toolset.com/errata/fatal-error-activating-blocks-1-3-if-there-is-a-pending-relationships-migration/

What you can do is to follow this link for updates on this.

Thanks,
Shane

Shane
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: America/Jamaica (GMT-05:00)

Hi Scott,

Can you confirm that this issue is now resolved.

Thanks,
Shane

I tried to respond to this a few days ago but even though the toolset site said I was logged in, there were no buttons to say the issue was resolved or that I needed more help and no way to leave feedback.

Today I logged out and logged back in and was able to respond.

This ticket is now closed. If you're a WPML client and need related help, please open a new support ticket.