Skip Navigation

[Resolved] Fatal Error

This support ticket is created 7 years, 5 months ago. There's a good chance that you are reading advice that it now obsolete.

This is the technical support forum for Toolset - a suite of plugins for developing WordPress sites without writing PHP.

Everyone can read this forum, but only Toolset clients can post in it. Toolset support works 6 days per week, 19 hours per day.

Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
- 8:00 – 17:00 8:00 – 17:00 8:00 – 17:00 8:00 – 17:00 8:00 – 17:00 -
- - - - - - -

Supporter timezone: America/New_York (GMT-04:00)

This topic contains 11 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by jasonw-2 7 years, 5 months ago.

Assisted by: Tia.

Author

I am trying to: Activate Framework Installer

I visited this URL: Many

I expected to see: Something similar

Instead, I got: nothing. ?

[14-Nov-2016 17:42:02] PHP Parse error: syntax error, unexpected T_FUNCTION in /home1/jhwest/public_html/mydomain*.com/wp-content/plugins/framework-installer/classes/class-toolset-framework-installer.php on line 1253

PHP Version = 5.4.45

Is a Hostgator server.

Tia

Thank you for contacting Toolset Support. I am happy to help you with this.

1. Please edit the first post and add debug information to the thread: https://toolset.com/faq/provide-debug-information-faster-support/

2. Make you have the latest Framework Installer: https://toolset.com/account/downloads/#application-frameworks

a. Scroll down the the bottom of the page. Click on "Download Toolset Framework Installer"
b. Deactivate and delete the current Framework Installer
c. Install the new.

3. Also make sure all Toolset related plugins are up to date.

** IMPORTANT ** Please backup a working copy of site files and database before continuing.

Please let me know your results.

I've tried this on two different servers.

Brand new installs of WordPress. No other plugins. Everything is the latest versions, and nothing...

1 server won't activate the framework plugin the and other just hangs and won't complete.

I'd like to just give you the server info and have you install it. How do I go about doing that?

Tia

That would be great and then I can run further tests to find out what is going on.

I would like to request temporary site access. You will find the needed fields for this below the comment area when you log in to leave your next reply. The information you will enter is private which means only you and I can see and have access to it.

Our Debugging Procedures

I will be checking various settings in the backend to see if the issue can be resolved. Although I won't be making changes that affect the live site, it is still good practice to backup the site before providing us access. In the event that we do need to debug the site further, I will request to duplicate the site and work in a separate, local development environment to avoid affecting the live site.

Privacy and Security Policy

We have strict policies regarding privacy and access to your information. Please see:
https://toolset.com/toolset-support-policy/privacy-security-providing-debug-information-support/

**IMPORTANT**

- Please make a backup of site files and database before providing us access.

- If you do not see the wp-admin/FTP fields this means your post & website login details will be made PUBLIC. DO NOT post your website details unless you see the required wp-admin/FTP fields. If you do not, please ask me to enable the private box. The private box looks like this:

hidden link

Tia

Thank you for that information. I am looking into the issue and will respond shortly after investigating.

anything?

Well. I'm sitting here on the verge of losing this client of mine. I decide to go buy new server space at Godaddy because 3+ days waiting on support here, isn't cutting it. -----The framework installer does activate on Godaddy but still hangs and will not complete the installation of the magazine site. (All I need is the files and I could install it all myself)..

1) Hostgator shared - will not activate framework installer.
2) Hostgator reseller - will activate but hangs on install and will not complete.
3) Godaddy WordPress - will activate but hangs on install and will not complete.

If your software is broken, I can accept that. If you don't know, I can accept that as well. I just need to know if you are going to fix this or not so I can move on.

Thanks,

Tia

Apologies for not responding sooner. I am still debugging on my end. Of course, it is important to get this running for you as quickly as possible. Thank you for your patience. I should have feedback for you today.

Tia

Toolset requirements are at least PHP 5.3 and MySQL 5.6.
https://toolset.com/toolset-requirements/

I checked the debug information on justgosee.com and it looks like it is PHP version 5.2.17 and MYSQL version 5.5.51.

You can check this for yourself at:
https://toolset.com/faq/provide-debug-information-faster-support/

What are the server stats for the new server?

I cancelled the Godaddy server (11:28am Eastern today) and had them refund my money. I'm confident that it met the requirements.

The Hostgator reseller has the correct resources as well. Not sure what to tell you.

What I want at this point, is the files to install myself. It appears to me that everything works as it should, it's just the installer that's the problem? I mean.. it obviously works on your server.

Can you help with that or ??

I'm done with this. I love your plugins and have for years. I love that I can basically make anything happen with them that I want. This here is my only defeat. That and you can see that I don't ask for much in these forums and haven't for a long time.

Thank you for your attempts with trying to help me. LMK if you can oblige with the files, or not. We're done here.

xx

Tia

Let me consult my team with this. Please be aware that people will be out until Monday but I have contacted a few people via email. I will reply with feedback as soon as possible and will be monitoring this ticket through the weekend.

It's just about principle at this point. It doesn't really matter.

'shrug'.

This ticket is now closed. If you're a WPML client and need related help, please open a new support ticket.