Skip Navigation

[Resolved] Extremely slow loading page after using the toolset block plugin

This support ticket is created 4 years, 1 month ago. There's a good chance that you are reading advice that it now obsolete.

This is the technical support forum for Toolset - a suite of plugins for developing WordPress sites without writing PHP.

Everyone can read this forum, but only Toolset clients can post in it. Toolset support works 6 days per week, 19 hours per day.

Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
- 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 -
- 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 -

Supporter timezone: Asia/Karachi (GMT+05:00)

This topic contains 1 reply, has 2 voices.

Last updated by Waqar 4 years, 1 month ago.

Assisted by: Waqar.

Author

Tell us what you are trying to do?

Since the latest release of the new toolset blocks plugin, I started to redesign and recreate some pages on my website by replacing many plugins with Toolset Blocks plugin. Ultimately, I wanted to achieve certain layout for my front page by using solely the Toolset Blocks plugin

The purpose is to gain efficiency and loading speed by using solely the Toolset Blocks plugin.

I started this journey a month ago and finally I achieved the desired result and deleted the following plugins:

Elementor
WP Post Modules
Epic news elements
WPBakkery
Advanced Posts Grid
WP Blog Manager

Unfortunately, the final result (using only the Toolset Blocks plugin) loads extremely slow compared to any of the used solution with the above mentioned plugins.

This is the link to the page using only the Toolset Blocks. It has three containers, one for the desktop, one for the tablet and one for the phone view port. Using the css (display: none;), the page displays different variation of the page.

hidden link

I contacted my server to exclude that nothing wrong with the server configuration. My server helpdesk confirmed that the server is running without problems and the error log doesn't show anything out of the ordinary.

Can you please have a look at the source code and the frontend and advice why the page is loading so extremely slow? Noting that using anyone of the above mentioned plugins as solution to the same page configuration was working just fine! I still can't understand why the page loads so slowly after deleting so many plugins such as Elementor and WPBakkery and others and using only the Toolset Blocks. I had really expected to gain so much loading speed for the same page layout using only the Toolset Blocks!

What is the link to your site?

hidden link

I look forward to hearing from you!

Best regards,

Waqar
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: Asia/Karachi (GMT+05:00)

Hi Suzan,

Thank you for contacting us and I'd be happy to assist.

While troubleshooting your website's home page loading time, the first and most obvious point I noticed was that it has a lot of content to load.

The page's source code suggests that there are about 57 instances of different views used on this single page. Considering the amount of the data (database query results, images, CSS and JS files, etc), I don't find the page speed to be unusually slow.

It is important to remember that the page's loading time will increase with the amount of overall content that it will need to load and render, along with the database operations that will be needed in the background. This principle will remain the same regardless of the website builder, theme or plugins that will be used on the website.

A simpler HTML static text page will always be faster than a static HTML page with images.

Likewise, a static HTML page with images will always be faster than a dynamic page which creates the content from the database, and so on.

To improve this, I'll recommend the following steps:

1. Reduce the amount of content that needs to be loaded:

You can re-evaluate which content is absolutely required on the homepage. Also instead of loading multiple views for serving the same content on different screen sizes, it would be more efficient to use a same view with a responsive design that adjusts, based on the screen size.

Tip: There were some very useful responsive design controls introduced recently in Toolset Views and Blocks plugin:
https://toolset.com/2020/02/toolset-blocks-1-1-beautiful-responsive-design-made-easy/

2. Optimize the loading of the remaining content.

If you'll check your website's page(s) through speed/performance testing tools like Pingdom ( hidden link ), Google's page speed insights ( hidden link ) and GTmetrix ( hidden link ), you'll find the recommendations on how to improve the page's loading time.

There are a number of third-party plugins available, which can help in achieving those recommendations and here are some useful resources.

hidden link
hidden link

I hope this helps and please let me know if you need any further assistance around this.

regards,
Waqar

This ticket is now closed. If you're a WPML client and need related help, please open a new support ticket.