Skip Navigation

[Resolved] extra field buddypress

This support ticket is created 3 years, 10 months ago. There's a good chance that you are reading advice that it now obsolete.

This is the technical support forum for Toolset - a suite of plugins for developing WordPress sites without writing PHP.

Everyone can read this forum, but only Toolset clients can post in it. Toolset support works 6 days per week, 19 hours per day.

Our next available supporter will start replying to tickets in about 1.97 hours from now. Thank you for your understanding.

Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
- 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 -
- 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 -

Supporter timezone: Asia/Karachi (GMT+05:00)

Author

Buongiorno,
ho un sito con buddypress e vorrei personalizzare il form di registrazione con toolset.
Toolset gestisce gli extra field di buddypress?
Grazie

Good morning,
i have a website with buddypress and i would like to customize the registration form with toolset.
Does Toolset manage buddypress extra fields?
Thanks

Waqar
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: Asia/Karachi (GMT+05:00)

Hi,

Thank you for contacting us and I'd be happy to assist.

The Toolset user forms are designed to work with only the default WordPress user fields and the custom user fields added through the Types plugin.

To update the data in the extra user fields from third-party plugins like BuddyPress, you have a couple of options:

1. You can use the Toolset's user form for the initial registration and then once the user is logged-in, use the form from the BuddyPress, to collect extra fields data.

OR

2. If you're comfortable with PHP code customizations, you can consult BuddyPress's support team or documentation to learn about how it stores the data in those extra fields and then use the generic fields and the "cred_save_data" hook, to store the collected form's data in the same way.
( ref: https://toolset.com/documentation/programmer-reference/cred-api/#cred_save_data )

I hope this helps and for more personalized assistance around custom code, you can also consider hiring a professional from our list of recommended contractors:
https://toolset.com/contractors/

regards,
Waqar

This ticket is now closed. If you're a WPML client and need related help, please open a new support ticket.