Skip Navigation

[Resolved] Export & Reuses Custom Post Type + Related Custom Fields with Grouping

This support ticket is created 2 years, 12 months ago. There's a good chance that you are reading advice that it now obsolete.

This is the technical support forum for Toolset - a suite of plugins for developing WordPress sites without writing PHP.

Everyone can read this forum, but only Toolset clients can post in it. Toolset support works 6 days per week, 19 hours per day.

Our next available supporter will start replying to tickets in about 1.15 hours from now. Thank you for your understanding.

Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 - - 9:00 – 13:00
14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 - - 14:00 – 18:00

Supporter timezone: Africa/Casablanca (GMT+00:00)

This topic contains 2 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by Jamal 2 years, 12 months ago.

Assisted by: Jamal.

Author

I have created a custom post type "People" and a collection of grouped custom fields. Below is a quick example:

Group: BASIC INFO with custom fields for name, email address, phone number, etc.
Group: LINKS with custom fields for websites and social media URLs for the person.

Is it possible to export the custom post type and related custom fields and grouping, so I can re-use the same custom post type and custom field data structures on other websites... so I don't have to recreate everything for every website?

I searched the forum for this information, but the URLs I found to documentation on Toolset's website were 404.

I think I found the answer here: https://toolset.com/documentation/legacy-features/export-import/exporting-and-importing-toolset-components-and-settings/...

Just to confirm my understanding of that article... I would export ALL, then when importing into another site, I would select the CPTs and custom fields + groups I want to import... is that right?

Jamal
Supporter

Languages: English (English ) French (Français )

Timezone: Africa/Casablanca (GMT+00:00)

Hello and thank you for contacting the Toolset support.

You are right, you will export all the post types, taxonomies, and custom fields to the same file, and when importing you will select what elements to import.

Otherwise, you can use the Module Manager plugin and select what elements(cpt, custom fields, etc.) and group them in the same module. Then you can import that module on other websites.
https://toolset.com/documentation/legacy-features/export-import/using-toolset-module-manager/

This ticket is now closed. If you're a WPML client and need related help, please open a new support ticket.