Skip Navigation

[Resolved] Executing javascript animation (scrollTop) after parametric search is submitted

This support ticket is created 7 years, 1 month ago. There's a good chance that you are reading advice that it now obsolete.

This is the technical support forum for Toolset - a suite of plugins for developing WordPress sites without writing PHP.

Everyone can read this forum, but only Toolset clients can post in it. Toolset support works 6 days per week, 19 hours per day.

This topic contains 1 reply, has 1 voice.

Last updated by joshM-4 7 years, 1 month ago.

Author
Screen Shot 2017-02-17 at 9.32.33 AM.png

I am trying to: automatically scroll to the top of the view, which is in an element with the id of $results, after the "next" or "prev" links are clicked to paginate using Java. (I'm now realizing the title I gave this issue doesn't match the issue I'm describing here).

I visited this URL: hidden link

I expected to see: The page scroll to the top of the #results area after clicking the "next" or "prev" links.

Instead, I got: The page stayed in the same spot - at the bottom of the #results area.

Here's what I have at this point. I'm using the JS Editor within the Filter Editor for the view. I clicked the "Frontend events" button which loaded the 'js_event_wpv_pagination_completed' function and I inserted my jQuery inside it. Here it is in it's entirety:

jQuery( document ).on( 'js_event_wpv_pagination_completed', function( event, data ) {
	jQuery('html, body').animate({ scrollTop: $('#results').offset().top }, 100);
});

It's not working and I'm not sure why. If I just use the following it will take it to the top of the page, or I can change the pixel amount to offset it, but I want it to go straight to the top of the element with the id #results.

jQuery( document ).on( 'js_event_wpv_pagination_completed', function( event, data ) {
	jQuery('html, body').animate({ scrollTop: 0 }, 'slow');
});

Any help you can offer is greatly appreciated!

Geeze - I figured it out. I wasn't paying attention to the "$" that needed to be "jQuery"

This ticket is now closed. If you're a WPML client and need related help, please open a new support ticket.