Skip Navigation

[Resolved] exclude_from_search doesn't work

This support ticket is created 3 years, 11 months ago. There's a good chance that you are reading advice that it now obsolete.

This is the technical support forum for Toolset - a suite of plugins for developing WordPress sites without writing PHP.

Everyone can read this forum, but only Toolset clients can post in it. Toolset support works 6 days per week, 19 hours per day.

Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
- - 14:00 – 20:00 14:00 – 20:00 14:00 – 20:00 14:00 – 20:00 14:00 – 20:00
- - - - - - -

Supporter timezone: Asia/Ho_Chi_Minh (GMT+07:00)

This topic contains 4 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by romanB-3 3 years, 11 months ago.

Assisted by: Beda.

Author

Hello,
I have checked the "exclude_from_search" checkbox into the "publication" post type UI from Toolset, but publications still display on search : hidden link
THank you.

This is not happening on my test site.

When I add a Custom Post Type and check exclude_from_search, then search for ?s=name_of_post won't return any result.

It must hence be some other plugins code or theme that produces this issue.

Can you check if:
- the issue exists for all post types you can control with Toolset > Post Types
- the issue persists after resaving the options
- the issue persists with another theme
- the issue persists with only Toolset as plugins

Thanks!

By activating another theme, it works OK. Theme is "Innwit Composer".
Thank you.

You should consult this with the Theme author in this case because it seems that theme somehow interferes in the native WP Query.

I can test, but not fix this. For this, I'd need a copy of that theme. However, it would not greatly help, as the issue seems due to the theme.
You can always confirm this by creating an exclude_from_search post type with another plugin or code generator like this hidden link
I've added a screenshot where you can enable exclude from search.
It'll likely also fail with that, making it an issue on the theme.

Toolset Post Types are basically native, standard WordPress Post Types

My issue is resolved now. Thank you!

This ticket is now closed. If you're a WPML client and need related help, please open a new support ticket.