Skip Navigation

[Resolved] Event Tickets keep displaying after each [types] item in my template

This support ticket is created 7 years, 8 months ago. There's a good chance that you are reading advice that it now obsolete.

This is the technical support forum for Toolset - a suite of plugins for developing WordPress sites without writing PHP.

Everyone can read this forum, but only Toolset clients can post in it. Toolset support works 6 days per week, 19 hours per day.

Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
- 10:00 – 13:00 10:00 – 13:00 10:00 – 13:00 10:00 – 13:00 10:00 – 13:00 -
- 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 -

Supporter timezone: Asia/Kolkata (GMT+05:30)

This topic contains 4 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by AbbyF4870 7 years, 8 months ago.

Assisted by: Minesh.

Author
2016-07-06_21-56-21.jpg

I created a custom post type with wp-types called "Events"

I'm using Event Tickets Plus to allow me to add tickets to each event. It essentially creates a woocommerce product item for each ticket I create and associates it with my Event.

I created a Content Template for Events that looks like this:

[wpv-post-title]
[types field='event-description'][/types]
<p>[types field='what-you-get-on-completion'][/types]</p>

I expect this will show me:

TITLE
Description
what you get on completion

Instead, it repeats the list of tickets under each [types][/types] and then AGAIN at the bottom of the page. (it doesn't repeat it after [wpv-post-title]).

TITLE
Description
list of tickets
what you get on completion
list of tickets
list of tickets

(see attached screenshot)

I don't understand why it displays tickets at ALL (since I don't have anything in my content template about tickets), much less why it keeps repeating them.

As a test, I created a single-event.php to use instead of the View Content Template and I used the get_post_meta() function to get the values for these items, e.g., :

get_post_meta( get_the_ID(), 'wpcf-event-description', true );

This displays the description (as I'd expect) without the Tickets being displayed underneath of it.

Playing around more though, I found that in my single-event.php, when I call get_content() that DOES display the tickets

I'm super confused. I can't understand why they're being returned from get_content() (which I realize has nothing to do with Views) but then I also can't understand why my Views Content Template keeps repeating them again and again.

Any ideas how I can fix/control this? I actually would like it to display the list of tickets at the bottom of the content template, I just want to be able to control when & where it gets placed.

Thanks!!
Abby

Minesh
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: Asia/Kolkata (GMT+05:30)

Hello. Thank you for contacting the Toolset support.

Yes - really strange thing. I believe there may be a conflict with slug or redirection.

1)
Could you please try to resolve your issue by deactivating all third-party plugins as well as with the default theme to check for any possible conflicts with any of the plugins or themes?

2)
Could you please check if you have same slug used for page,posts etc..etc..

3)
If #1 and #2 does not help:
*** Please make a FULL BACKUP of your database and website.***
I would also eventually need to request temporary access (WP-Admin and FTP) to your site. Preferably to a test site where the problem has been replicated if possible in order to be of better help and check if some configurations might need to be changed.

I would additionally need your permission to de- and re-activate Plugins and the Theme, and to change configurations on the site. This is also a reason the backup is really important. If you agree to this, please use the form fields I have enabled below to provide temporary access details (wp-admin and FTP).

I have set the next reply to private which means only you and I have access to it.

(delete this message)

I found that the Tickets plugin is adding a filter to the_content(), which explains why the Tickets are appearing when I call the_content()!

But still unclear what in the Content Template is triggering it.

Minesh
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: Asia/Kolkata (GMT+05:30)

I tried to download the All In One WP Migration export and when I try to import the file it says file is corrupted.

Could you please resend me the All In One WP Migration export file.

This ticket is now closed. If you're a WPML client and need related help, please open a new support ticket.