Skip Navigation

[Resolved] Error:Style sheet could not be loaded Toolset theme settings Astra overrides css

This thread is resolved. Here is a description of the problem and solution.

Problem:

I'm wondering if this is why when I put a custom class into the Layouts CSS and JS, it doesn't affect the site, but when I put the same custom CSS in the Astra Customizer the style does apply.
I am loading Bootstrap using Twitter Bootstrap for WordPress plugin - don't know if that's relevant.

Is there a way to get the style sheet working so that my Layouts CSS and JS gets loaded to the whole site?

Solution:

I suggest you use Toolset's setting instead of other Bootstrap plugin:

Dashboard-> Toolset-> Settings-> Bootstrap loading, in section "Bootstrap loading", choose option "Toolset should load Bootstrap 3.0".

Toolset Settings > Layouts for "Load Custom CSS added using Layouts." set this to "On all pages"

Relevant Documentation:

https://toolset.com/documentation/user-guides/layouts-css-and-js-editor/

This support ticket is created 5 years, 1 month ago. There's a good chance that you are reading advice that it now obsolete.

This is the technical support forum for Toolset - a suite of plugins for developing WordPress sites without writing PHP.

Everyone can read this forum, but only Toolset clients can post in it. Toolset support works 6 days per week, 19 hours per day.

Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
- 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 -
- 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 -

Supporter timezone: Asia/Hong_Kong (GMT+08:00)

This topic contains 2 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by liatG 5 years ago.

Assisted by: Luo Yang.

Author
Screenshot_Liat 2019-03-10 at 2.59.32 PM.jpg

Hi there,
I have got an error message in my inspector. See screenshot.
I'm wondering if this is why when I put a custom class into the Layouts CSS and JS, it doesn't affect the site, but when I put the same custom CSS in the Astra Customizer the style does apply.
I am loading Bootstrap using Twitter Bootstrap for WordPress plugin - don't know if that's relevant.
Is there a way to get the style sheet working so that my Layouts CSS and JS gets loaded to the whole site?
Thanks,
Liat

Dear Liat,

What browser are you using?

The CSS file astra-overrides.css is an empty file, it might conduct the problem you mentioned above in some specific browsers, you can find it in your plugin folder:
\plugins\layouts\vendor\toolset\toolset-theme-settings\res\css\

Since there are different Bootstrap versions :
- version 4,
- version 3,
- version 2

But Toolset plugins are using Bootstrap version 3.x currently, to avoid compatibility problem, I suggest you use Toolset's setting instead of other Bootstrap plugin:
Dashboard-> Toolset-> Settings-> Bootstrap loading, in section "Bootstrap loading", choose option "Toolset should load Bootstrap 3.0".

For the question:

I suggest you put your custom CSS/JS codes here:
Dashboard-> Toolset-> Layouts-> Layouts CSS and JS

It will take effect on whole site too.

More help:
https://toolset.com/documentation/user-guides/layouts-css-and-js-editor/
section "Define how Toolset should load the CSS and JavaScript"
You can tell Toolset to enqueue CSS or JavaScript created with Layouts either globally across your website or only on pages using Layouts.

Thank you Luo!

I have set my Toolset Settings to load Bootstrap 3.0 as you instructed.
I also found the setting in Toolset Settings > Layouts for "Load Custom CSS added using Layouts." I have set this to "On all pages" and it solved my problem.

Thanks!
-Liat

This ticket is now closed. If you're a WPML client and need related help, please open a new support ticket.