Skip Navigation

[Resolved] Errors when installing 'recommended plugins' for reference sites.

This support ticket is created 6 years, 3 months ago. There's a good chance that you are reading advice that it now obsolete.

This is the technical support forum for Toolset - a suite of plugins for developing WordPress sites without writing PHP.

Everyone can read this forum, but only Toolset clients can post in it. Toolset support works 6 days per week, 19 hours per day.

Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
8:00 – 12:00 8:00 – 12:00 8:00 – 12:00 8:00 – 12:00 8:00 – 12:00 - -
13:00 – 17:00 13:00 – 17:00 13:00 – 17:00 13:00 – 17:00 13:00 – 17:00 - -

Supporter timezone: America/New_York (GMT-04:00)

This topic contains 4 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by ScottM9386 6 years, 3 months ago.

Assisted by: Christian Cox.

Author
warning.JPG

See below image. Warnings after activating 'recommended plugins' Ocean Extra and elementor.
I have 2 images with different warnings (same plugins) but can only attach one here.

Hi, thanks for the report. Can you provide a bit more information?
- I see success messages after each warning. Are the Elementor and Ocean Extra plugins activated successfully? Is the site working for you?
- Which reference site are you attempting to install when you see these messages?

Capture.JPG

Hi Christian,

Thank you.
I'm just not using the 2 plugins for now - they're only 'recommend' for the reference site I'm using, so there's no need to use them correct? (the less plugins the better!)
Hopefully it's just an issue with the plugins and not something else.
Otherwise, so far everything else is working...once I learn how to use toolset!

I have another question. Is there a community forum where I can just put out a question to users without always opening up a support ticket and bothering you all? I use a lot of music software and they all have huge community forums that are so helpful if you want to ask a question to users and not necessarily open up a support. Sometimes it's something small that could easily be answered by another user.
When I go here: https://toolset.com/forums/ and click on "community" forum all I see is one topic...please see screen shot below.

Thanks!
Scott.

I'm just not using the 2 plugins for now - they're only 'recommend' for the reference site I'm using, so there's no need to use them correct?
The Ocean WP theme may require these plugins to provide additional functionality, but it's possible you won't need them. I do not think they are required for any of the Toolset-specific functionality of the reference site. Elementor is a page builder like Visual Composer or Beaver Builder. Ocean Extra features are described here:
hidden link

I have another question. Is there a community forum where I can just put out a question to users without always opening up a support ticket and bothering you all?
Not exactly, but other users can comment on posts in the Community forum - it's just not likely that other users happen to be browsing there to offer feedback. There is also a Facebook Toolset Users group that might fill this role for you:
hidden link

When I go here: https://toolset.com/forums/ and click on "community" forum all I see is one topic.
Yes there is currently a bug where some tickets that are not created by the current user are shown here on the front page of the Community forum. That shouldn't be the case, you should only see your own tickets here. Then you can use the search feature to find other tickets similar to the issue you are experiencing. Or you can skip the search and jump right to creating a ticket with the link in the search panel.

Thank you!

This ticket is now closed. If you're a WPML client and need related help, please open a new support ticket.