Skip Navigation

[Resolved] Error with code with content template

This thread is resolved. Here is a description of the problem and solution.

Problem:

The issue here is that the user was getting this error "warning: Illegal string offset .../functions.php on line 8629"

Solution:

In this case the issue was being caused by some custom code that he had on the site. Checking that line and fixing the bug with that line resolved the issue.

I would advise checking any custom code if you're getting a similar error.

This support ticket is created 6 years, 1 month ago. There's a good chance that you are reading advice that it now obsolete.

This is the technical support forum for Toolset - a suite of plugins for developing WordPress sites without writing PHP.

Everyone can read this forum, but only Toolset clients can post in it. Toolset support works 6 days per week, 19 hours per day.

Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
- 9:00 – 12:00 9:00 – 12:00 9:00 – 12:00 9:00 – 12:00 9:00 – 12:00 -
- 13:00 – 18:00 13:00 – 18:00 13:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 13:00 – 18:00 -

Supporter timezone: America/Jamaica (GMT-05:00)

This topic contains 2 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by imaneK 6 years, 1 month ago.

Assisted by: Shane.

Author
Capture1.PNG
Capture.PNG

Hi,

Hi,
Its seems there warning 'Error' with the code that was added to the website. However, I didn't want to make any changes without knowledge.

Here is the link to the issue that was solved..of which code has been added the functions.php of the theme...
https://toolset.com/forums/topic/short-code-to-allow-users-to-view-the-uploaded-files-name-size-and-type/

I have provided screenshots for more clarity.

Your guidance would be very appreciated.

Thank you.

Shane
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: America/Jamaica (GMT-05:00)

Hi Imane,

Thank you for contacting our support forum.

So its doing this because file_url is an illegal offset.

Change this line

$url = "{$atts[file_url]}"

To

$url = "";

Please let me know if this helps.
Thanks,
Shane

Thank You

This ticket is now closed. If you're a WPML client and need related help, please open a new support ticket.