Skip Navigation

[Resolved] Error while migrating staging site

This support ticket is created 4 years, 3 months ago. There's a good chance that you are reading advice that it now obsolete.

This is the technical support forum for Toolset - a suite of plugins for developing WordPress sites without writing PHP.

Everyone can read this forum, but only Toolset clients can post in it. Toolset support works 6 days per week, 19 hours per day.

Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
8:00 – 12:00 8:00 – 12:00 8:00 – 12:00 8:00 – 12:00 8:00 – 12:00 - -
13:00 – 17:00 13:00 – 17:00 13:00 – 17:00 13:00 – 17:00 13:00 – 17:00 - -

Supporter timezone: America/New_York (GMT-04:00)

This topic contains 12 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by Christian Cox 4 years, 2 months ago.

Assisted by: Christian Cox.

Author
Inkedhttpswww.atawane.com - Vivaldi_LI.jpg

I am trying to:
Migrate a working staging site, on which I've installed and set WPML and Toolset, to the official website.
The staging site is on a subfolder : hidden link
The official site is on : hidden link
I used the free plugin wp-staging (free version) hidden link

Link to a page where the issue can be seen:
No link sorry

I expected to see:
The official website working.

Instead, I got:
A php error, you can see it on the screenshot.

So I cancelled the migration, but how to correct this error, we would to publish the new website for the new year.

Hello, can you try the migration process again?
- Before migrating, deactivate all plugins except the Staging plugin and activate a default theme like Twenty Twenty or Twenty Nineteen
- After migrating, reactivate the Types plugin first, then Views. If the problem returns, I'll need to take a closer look.
- If the problem is resolved, continue reactivating your other plugins and your theme.

Thanks for your reply, I'll try this and keep you updated if it worked.

Hello, I tried your method and the error occured while activating toolset views plugins.
The error is the same as in the first screeshot.

Hello, we have received reports of a similar issue when Toolset is installed with WordPress 4.9.x. Is it possible to update to WordPress 5+? If not, we are still investigating the problem with WordPress 4.9.x and I will let you know as soon as I have a solution available.

For your reference, an erratum post has been published about this issue: https://toolset.com/errata/fatal-error-when-using-outdated-wordpress-versions/

Hi,
Ok it is possible to upgrade but not right now (because I'll have to upgrade both official and development website),
I'll retry the migration at the end of the week, and keep you updated.

I have an update from our developers, and we expect to have a fix available for this problem before the end of the week. We expect a hotfix release today or tomorrow to address this issue and a few others in Views and Forms. I will let you know when the update is available for download, so please stand by just a bit longer.

Please find Views 3.0.2 available for download at https://toolset.com/account/downloads. We also expect it will be available for automatic update shortly. Please update to the latest versions of all Toolset plugins and let me know if the problem is not completely resolved.

Hi,
Thanks for your response,
according to your previous answer we already updated our wordpress sites to the latest version, but not retried the migration yet.

We'll make sure to update Views plugin as well, before the migration.

Okay thanks for the clarification, I will stand by.

Hi,
Sorry, but finally we have to delay further the migration (at least to the end of the month) if we any problem we will make sure to contact you.

That's fine, feel free to close this ticket and open a new ticket if you need to follow up after the migration.

This ticket is now closed. If you're a WPML client and need related help, please open a new support ticket.