Skip Navigation

[Resolved] Error submitting form with post reference field

This support ticket is created 5 years ago. There's a good chance that you are reading advice that it now obsolete.

This is the technical support forum for Toolset - a suite of plugins for developing WordPress sites without writing PHP.

Everyone can read this forum, but only Toolset clients can post in it. Toolset support works 6 days per week, 19 hours per day.

Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
- 9:00 – 12:00 9:00 – 12:00 9:00 – 12:00 9:00 – 12:00 9:00 – 12:00 -
- 13:00 – 18:00 13:00 – 18:00 13:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 13:00 – 18:00 -

Supporter timezone: America/Jamaica (GMT-05:00)

This topic contains 7 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by Shane 4 years, 12 months ago.

Assisted by: Shane.

Author
Screen Shot 2019-04-17 at 9.22.23 pm.png

Hey,

I have a custom post type with a custom field that is of type "Post Reference".

I also then have a post form for adding a new item to the custom post and an edit post form for editing an existing custom post.

When I leave the post reference field blank everything works as expected. However, when I enter a value in the post reference field I get an error saying "Error Submitting Form". It does actually save the data though...

You can test this out at the following location:
hidden link

play around with adding and editing and leaving the case worker field blank and then putting a value in it.

Shane
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: America/Jamaica (GMT-05:00)

Hi Peter,

I see that you have 2 non toolset plugins.

Could you disable these 2 plugins and let me know if the issue still remains?

I will be setting up a local test of this but first want to ensure that it is not a plugin conflict.

Thanks,
Shane

Hi Shane,

I have tried de-activating all plugins apart from toolset as well as changing the theme etc... I've tried remove required field check on the custom fields and it is still happening.

I'm happy to set you up access to the admin dashboard if need be? As previously discussed this is just a complete demo / proof of concept site so you can add dummy data to test it out.

Shane
Supporter

Hi Peter,

Yes please setup access for me so that I can have a look.

Thanks,
Shane

Shane
Supporter

Hi Peter,

Thank you and I must apologize for the delay in response as it was a long weekend.

I took a look at this and was able to verify, so what i'm doing right now is to get a copy of the site to work on locally here and see if the problem exists on a different server environment.

Shane
Supporter

Hi Peter,

The issue is still there on my local copy of your site so I went ahead and escalated your ticket to our 2nd tier supporters for further debugging.

Thanks,
Shane

Thanks Shayne,

I will await the reply from the 2nd tier support.

Cheers,
Peter

Shane
Supporter

Hi Peter,

Thank you for the patience.

Our 2nd tier support investigated the issue and found that you had named your reference field and the CPT with the same exact slug.

What you can do is to try changing the post reference field's slug and then try again. It should be noted that it is recommended that you use a unique slug for each item you create and not to use duplicate slugs.

Please let me know if this resolves the issue.

Thanks,
Shane

This ticket is now closed. If you're a WPML client and need related help, please open a new support ticket.