Skip Navigation

[Resolved] Error jQuery Deferred exception: Cannot read property 'indexOf' of undefined"

This support ticket is created 4 years, 7 months ago. There's a good chance that you are reading advice that it now obsolete.

This is the technical support forum for Toolset - a suite of plugins for developing WordPress sites without writing PHP.

Everyone can read this forum, but only Toolset clients can post in it. Toolset support works 6 days per week, 19 hours per day.

Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
- 9:00 – 12:00 9:00 – 12:00 9:00 – 12:00 9:00 – 12:00 9:00 – 12:00 -
- 13:00 – 18:00 13:00 – 18:00 13:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 13:00 – 18:00 -

Supporter timezone: America/Jamaica (GMT-05:00)

Tagged: 

This topic contains 9 replies, has 3 voices.

Last updated by foguinho 4 years, 7 months ago.

Assisted by: Shane.

Author

I migrated my site and one of my page seems to be having issue, the error I am getting is:

jquery.min.js:2 Uncaught TypeError: Cannot read property 'indexOf' of undefined
    at k.fn.init.k.fn.load (jquery.min.js:2)
    at HTMLImageElement.<anonymous> (wpv-pagination-embedded.js?ver=2.9.1:3384)
    at Function.each (jquery.min.js:2)
    at k.fn.init.each (jquery.min.js:2)
    at HTMLDivElement.<anonymous> (wpv-pagination-embedded.js?ver=2.9.1:3382)
    at Function.each (jquery.min.js:2)
    at k.fn.init.each (jquery.min.js:2)
    at WPViews.ViewPagination.self.init_preload_images (wpv-pagination-embedded.js?ver=2.9.1:3370)
    at WPViews.ViewPagination.self.init (wpv-pagination-embedded.js?ver=2.9.1:3432)
    at new WPViews.ViewPagination (wpv-pagination-embedded.js?ver=2.9.1:3437)

The view works fine on my orignal site.
The page with issue is : hidden link

I can see, search filters being rendered, but my search result view, is not being rendered. I seem to have no clue how to approach this error. I did find, a question(https://toolset.com/forums/topic/error-uncaught-typeerror-cannot-read-property-indexof-of-undefined/) but it didn't help me.

Also there is this funny thing happening.
When I switch my website to mobile view and refresh the page again, I can see the content. But if I do the same on desktop it doesn't render at all.

Shane
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: America/Jamaica (GMT-05:00)

Hi Puneet,

Thank you for getting in touch.

This could quite possibly be caused by a plugin conflict and as such I would recommend that you temporarily disable all your non-toolset plugins and try again.

Also we have released an update to our plugins so you can update and let me know if the issue still remains.

Thanks,
Shane

Hey Shane,

Sorry for the late reply.

I have updated all the toolset related plugins. I also tried deactivating non-toolset plugins, but couldn't find the reason, causing this.
This sounds very wired that the loop item shows when I change my chrome to a mobile view - reload the page to find everything working fine. Example page : hidden link

And when there is no, data it the loop it correctly says "No items Found". Example page : hidden link

Hey Shane, any update on this issue ?

Shane
Supporter

Hi Puneet,

Would you mind allowing me to have admin access to the website so that i can check on this in further detail for you ?

It could also be an issue caused by the theme but I would need to have a look for you.

Thanks,
Shane

Shane
Supporter

private fields

Shane
Supporter

Hi Puneet,

Add the following to your css editor for the view. The real issue was that something is adding a visibility hidden to the view.

.js-wpv-view-layout{

visibility: hidden;

}

Once you add this it should start show up.

Thanks,
Shane

Hey Shane,

Thanks this indeed, was the problem.

But I am literally unaware, where did that inline style came inside the div.

I had the same problem. The code posted here solved the problem, but when I put the css on the content template, because for some reason the css put on the view was not loading. I don't know if it is happening just with me, but I thought it could help others with the same problem.

This ticket is now closed. If you're a WPML client and need related help, please open a new support ticket.