Skip Navigation

[Resolved] Error during the ajax request, make sure the data you send are in json format

This support ticket is created 4 years, 11 months ago. There's a good chance that you are reading advice that it now obsolete.

This is the technical support forum for Toolset - a suite of plugins for developing WordPress sites without writing PHP.

Everyone can read this forum, but only Toolset clients can post in it. Toolset support works 6 days per week, 19 hours per day.

Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
- 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 -
- 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 -

Supporter timezone: Asia/Karachi (GMT+05:00)

This topic contains 3 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by Waqar 4 years, 11 months ago.

Assisted by: Waqar.

Author
Screen Shot 2019-04-10 at 12.04.02 PM.png
Screen Shot 2019-04-16 at 3.27.48 PM.png
Screen Shot 2019-04-17 at 4.11.25 PM.png

I am trying to: Create custom layouts

Link to a page where the issue can be seen: hidden link

I expected to see: Layout updated

Instead, I got: error. And also very regular 500 Errors

Waqar
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: Asia/Karachi (GMT+05:00)

Hi Suzanne,

Thank you for contacting us and sorry about the delay, as we had an unusually busy queue.

I tried to access your website's frontend and the admin area, but they were both showing "500 Internal Server Error" message.

Unfortunately, the error 500 is a very generic error and can be caused by a number of reasons, ranging from corrupted ".htaccess" file, outdated/incompatible code in plugins or themes or due to lower server resources available than required, etc.

To start troubleshooting, I'll recommend checking your hosting's error logs for any related errors or warnings. Please make sure that WordPress debugging mode is turned on.
( ref: https://codex.wordpress.org/Debugging_in_WordPress )

You can also temporarily disable all plugins (from the hosting's file editor or FTP access) and then test the website again. If the issue is fixed, you can start activating your disabled plugins, one-by-one, to narrow this down to a possible conflicting one.
( ref: hidden link )

To rule out any custom or theme code issue, you can also temporarily switch to a default WordPress theme like Twenty Nineteen and then see if the issue persists.

For more detailed troubleshooting steps, you can also read:
hidden link

I hope these points will help and please let me know how it goes.

regards,
Waqar

Thanks Waqar,

I went back to the Twenty Nineteen Theme and deactivated all plugins to slowly check them back in.

Without any other plugin active, Toolset Layouts and Toolset Types seem to work fine, but I see the JSON issue happens when I activate Toolset Views.

This is the error I get
[Wed Apr 24 11:43:13.793549 2019] [fcgid:warn] [pid 25544:tid 139675683481344] [client 24.136.123.101:37986] mod_fcgid: stderr: PHP Fatal error: Allowed memory size of 15728640 bytes exhausted (tried to allocate 65536 bytes) in /var/www/vhosts/bioart.sva.edu/httpdocs/2019/wp-admin/includes/admin.php on line 35, referer: hidden link

Is this helpful? What should I do to fix it?

In terms of the 500 error, I have been unable to get it. If you try and get it, usually refreshing the page solves it temporarily so you can potentially check inside with the account I created for you.

Let me know your thoughts please

Thanks

Waqar
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: Asia/Karachi (GMT+05:00)

Hi Suzanne,

Thanks for sharing the update.

The error message that you shared suggests that currently, the allowed PHP memory size on your web site's server is 15MB, which isn't enough.

We officially recommend to set it to at least 128MB.
( ref: https://toolset.com/toolset-requirements/ )

Here is a useful guide on how to increase the allowed memory size:
hidden link

In case you face any difficulty in increasing this PHP memory size on your own, you can consult your web host's support team and they can perform this operation for you.

Once the server has enough PHP memory, these errors should be fixed.

regards,
Waqar

This ticket is now closed. If you're a WPML client and need related help, please open a new support ticket.