Skip Navigation

[Resolved] Error after updating to Avada 5.3 from 5.2.2

This support ticket is created 6 years, 4 months ago. There's a good chance that you are reading advice that it now obsolete.

This is the technical support forum for Toolset - a suite of plugins for developing WordPress sites without writing PHP.

Everyone can read this forum, but only Toolset clients can post in it. Toolset support works 6 days per week, 19 hours per day.

Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
- 7:00 – 14:00 7:00 – 14:00 7:00 – 14:00 7:00 – 14:00 7:00 – 14:00 -
- 15:00 – 16:00 15:00 – 16:00 15:00 – 16:00 15:00 – 16:00 15:00 – 16:00 -

Supporter timezone: Europe/London (GMT+00:00)

This topic contains 3 replies, has 3 voices.

Last updated by Nigel 6 years, 3 months ago.

Assisted by: Nigel.

Author
avadaupateto5_3.jpg

I am trying to: update my theme

Link to a page where the issue can be seen: hidden link

I expected to see: the homepage looking normal

Instead, I got: the following error messages... repeating over and over again.
Notice: Undefined offset: 1 in /var/www/vhosts/topartllc.com/staging.topartllc.com/wp-content/plugins/wp-views/vendor/toolset/toolset-theme-settings/compatibility-modules/controllers/toolset-theme-integration-settings-front-end-controller-avada.php on line 104

Notice: Undefined offset: 1 in /var/www/vhosts/topartllc.com/staging.topartllc.com/wp-content/plugins/wp-views/vendor/toolset/toolset-theme-settings/compatibility-modules/controllers/toolset-theme-integration-settings-front-end-controller-avada.php on line 114

Nigel
Supporter

Languages: English (English ) Spanish (Español )

Timezone: Europe/London (GMT+00:00)

Hi Veronica

I tested this locally and was able to reproduce the problem with the PHP warning appearing when viewing pages designed with Avada.

I have escalated this to be investigated further and will advise you when there is any news.

Hi,
I have got a similar problem here (Avada 5.3, Views 2.5.1, PHP 7.0.20).
- Limited functionality of website (e.g. no Drop-Down-Menus showing, Video background not working, Avada Modal pop-Up is empty).
- when deactivation the Views-Plugin everything is working fine.
- entry in WP-Debug debug.log:

[24-Nov-2017 10:38:49 UTC] PHP Notice: Undefined offset: 1 in /path_to_website/wp-content/plugins/wp-views/vendor/toolset/toolset-theme-settings/compatibility-modules/controllers/toolset-theme-integration-settings-front-end-controller-avada.php on line 104
[24-Nov-2017 10:38:49 UTC] PHP Notice: Undefined offset: 1 in /path_to_website/wp-content/plugins/wp-views/vendor/toolset/toolset-theme-settings/compatibility-modules/controllers/toolset-theme-integration-settings-front-end-controller-avada.php on line 114

Thanks for looking into this!

Nigel
Supporter

Languages: English (English ) Spanish (Español )

Timezone: Europe/London (GMT+00:00)

Just a quick update to say that a fix for this will be included in upcoming releases of Views and Layouts.

In the meantime you can apply a patch as described in the following erratum: https://toolset.com/errata/avada-5-3-triggers-php-warning-undefined-offset-1/

If you are using both Views and Layouts you may need to apply it to both.

If you still see any problems afterwards, please let me know.

This ticket is now closed. If you're a WPML client and need related help, please open a new support ticket.