Skip Navigation

[Closed] Error 500 in uploading images over 127KB

This support ticket is created 3 years, 10 months ago. There's a good chance that you are reading advice that it now obsolete.

This is the technical support forum for Toolset - a suite of plugins for developing WordPress sites without writing PHP.

Everyone can read this forum, but only Toolset clients can post in it. Toolset support works 6 days per week, 19 hours per day.

Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
8:00 – 12:00 8:00 – 12:00 8:00 – 12:00 8:00 – 12:00 8:00 – 12:00 - -
13:00 – 17:00 13:00 – 17:00 13:00 – 17:00 13:00 – 17:00 13:00 – 17:00 - -

Supporter timezone: America/New_York (GMT-04:00)

This topic contains 1 reply, has 2 voices.

Last updated by Christian Cox 3 years, 10 months ago.

Assisted by: Christian Cox.

Author

Error 500 in uploading images over 127KB
I have a form that has a file field and when trying to upload images above 127KB give error 500.

To test create an account and try to add a post:
hidden link

Then try to add an image above 127KB in the field:
hidden link

Hello, I'll be glad to help figure this out. Can you try some troubleshooting steps?
- Please temporarily deactivate all site plugins except Types, Views, Blocks, and/or Layouts as needed, and Forms.
- Deactivate any custom code snippets in Toolset > Settings > Custom Code, and activate a default theme like Twenty Twenty.
- Then please test uploading an image once again.
- If the problem is resolved, reactivate your theme, then your custom code snippets, then other plugins. Activate them one by one and test each time until the problem returns. Let me know what you find out.
- If the problem was not resolved, usually this type of error indicates a server configuration issue or a custom code problem. It's possible you may need your hosting company involved to increase the limits on file size uploads, or POST data, or other configuration. May I see your PHP information on a phpinfo() page? If you are not familiar with creating a phpinfo page we have more information available here: https://toolset.com/toolset-requirements/
- Please follow the instructions there to create a phpinfo() page and upload it to your site so I can see your configurations.
- Please add the page URL in your next reply and I'll take a quick look.

The topic ‘[Closed] Error 500 in uploading images over 127KB’ is closed to new replies.