Skip Navigation

[Resolved] Embedding a content template within Elementor

This support ticket is created 3 years, 10 months ago. There's a good chance that you are reading advice that it now obsolete.

This is the technical support forum for Toolset - a suite of plugins for developing WordPress sites without writing PHP.

Everyone can read this forum, but only Toolset clients can post in it. Toolset support works 6 days per week, 19 hours per day.

Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
- 10:00 – 13:00 10:00 – 13:00 10:00 – 13:00 10:00 – 13:00 10:00 – 13:00 -
- 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 -

Supporter timezone: Asia/Kolkata (GMT+05:30)

This topic contains 8 replies, has 3 voices.

Last updated by Greig Neilson 3 years, 10 months ago.

Assisted by: Minesh.

Author

I am converting hidden link to Elementor. I have a problem embedding a content template within Elementor and I have had no luck applying the instructional guides to my problem.

I have a post type called Student. There is no need for a single post template as the only time a user needs to view this data is when they are editing it. A student is also assigned to a bus route.

My existing setup uses a View that lists all students. Each row contains a post link.

The existing content template contains a form, a view of existing route assignments and a relationship form to allow for relationships between students and bus routes. Previously, within a Genesis theme this content template would display very nicely. Now, with Elementor installed, I can't get this template to display nicely within a page template.

I'm sure the answer is easy - I suspect that all it will take is someone to login and have a quick look. Unfortunately, I can't include a link to the problem as the data being displayed is confidential.

Jamal
Supporter

Languages: English (English ) French (Français )

Timezone: Africa/Casablanca (GMT+01:00)

Hello Greig and thank you for contacting the Toolset support.

Please note, that the current integration with Elementor does not allow us to insert a content template as an Elementor widget. It only offers a View widget. To work around it, you can include a content template using a shortcode widget and pass it the item attribute as follow:

[wpv-post-body view_template="my-content-template"]

Or:

[wpv-post-body view_template="my-content-template" item="[wpv-post-id]"]

This being said, I hope to get more details on what is actually not working, I am afraid, I did not understand very well. If it would be ok to share credentials to your website, your next reply will be private to let you share credentials safely. ** Make a database backup before sharing credentials. **

Jamal
Supporter

Languages: English (English ) French (Français )

Timezone: Africa/Casablanca (GMT+01:00)

I tried the provided access information but they did not work for me. Can you please doublecheck the user/password?

I would also need to know which pages, URLs, templates, views involved. The more details I have, the quickest my investigation will be.

Minesh
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: Asia/Kolkata (GMT+05:30)

This is Minesh here and I'll try to help you with your issue.

I just added the content template to your shortcode module as given under:

[wpv-post-body view_template="display-student-edit-form"]

The submit button text for your relationship form was not rendering:
=> hidden link

So, I've added the following JS code to add the submit button text to above form's JS box:

$('input[name="cred-form-submit"]').attr('value','Submit');

Can you please check the following single student post:
- hidden link

Do you see expected results?

Hello Minesh

That solution works for records that have been created in the last few days, but it does not work for all of the previous records.

Looking forward to hearing your thoughts,
Greig

Minesh
Supporter

Sorry, what you mean by that. Can you please share link where I can see its working and link where I do not see it working.

Hi Minesh, please visit the Students post types from the Dashboard. If you click on the first and last records to see them on the front end you will note the differences. I'm not able to share links as this reply is not private...

Minesh
Supporter

Can you please check now. You might have assigned the Content Template created using Toolset to Student post type before you created content template using elementor.

I've cleared that for all posts belongs to Student post type and I can see it working.

Can you please confirm it works at your end as well.

Thanks Minesh 🙂

This ticket is now closed. If you're a WPML client and need related help, please open a new support ticket.