Skip Navigation

[Closed] "Embedded Views" not filtering correctly by shortcode option and taxonomy slug

This is the technical support forum for Toolset - a suite of plugins for developing WordPress sites without writing PHP.

Everyone can read this forum, but only Toolset clients can post in it. Toolset support works 6 days per week, 19 hours per day.

Our next available supporter will start replying to tickets in about 8.57 hours from now. Thank you for your understanding.

This topic contains 8 replies, has 3 voices.

Last updated by David 9 years, 3 months ago.

Assigned support staff: Caridad.

Author

My development server is working correctly in that my Custom Types (Case Studies) are being filtered properly using the (1) "Value set by View shortcode attribute", (2) shortcode attribute "application" and (3) the taxonomy slug. I have three custom taxonomies created for my Case Studies. So, for instance, this code properly filters on those Case Studies that match the taxonomy "airports".

[wpv-view name="Case Study Listings" application="airports"]

However, I the filtering does not seem to be working on the live site with the embedded-views and embedded-types. All else appears to be working but my pages show all the case studies and are not filtering based on the the rules I've defined for each page.

Any help would greatly be appreciated. I would really like to take advantage of the embedded option and not install the full plugin on my client's server.

~david

Dear David,

I have just followed your instructions together with this guide:

https://toolset.com/documentation/embedded-types-and-views/

My embedded version is filtering perfectly.

If you want me to take a look you can send me access details to caridad.z@onthegosystems.com

Please let me know if there is anything else that I can assist you with.

Regards.
Caridad

bruce
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: Australia/Perth (GMT+08:00)

Hi David,

Can you enable debugging to see if there are any PHP errors - http://wpml.org/documentation/support/debugging-wpml/

Best regards,
Bruce.

I've turned on Debug and do get the following error:

<b>Notice: wp_enqueue_script was called incorrectly. Scripts and styles should not be registered or enqueued until the wp_enqueue_scripts, admin_enqueue_scripts, or init hooks</b>

I've made sure I'm now properly loading my custom Javascript files via wp_enqueue_script per the instructions at http://codex.wordpress.org/Function_Reference/wp_enqueue_script so perhaps a plugin is causing this error.

That being said, I'm still curious as to why this would work locally with the Types & Views plugins installed but not on the embedded version on the live, development server. All things being equal, the only thing that's changed is that.

I'll start disabling plugins to see if any new information arises.

~dave

Dear David,

I have reviewed the information you sent me and is all correct, so i think that we may have a bug. I have opened a ticket for our developers. I will keep you posted here.

Regards,
Caridad

bruce
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: Australia/Perth (GMT+08:00)

Hi David,

I can't reproduce this at all.

I see you have the includes at the bottom of your functions.php file.

require_once dirname(__FILE__) . '/embedded-types/types.php';
require_once dirname(__FILE__) . '/embedded-views/views.php';

It is recommended that they be the very first thing in your functions.php file.

Best regards,
Bruce.

Bruce-

I had moved those to the top of the functions today but to no avail.

~dave

The user has fixed this. He found that the taxonomy query was set to Taxonomy name and not taxonomy slug.

Please note that my local development site WAS set to Taxonomy Slug. A full database dump from MySQL and an export from Views (settings.php & settings.xml) to my live server WAS NOT retaining this setting for whatever the reason.

For those reading this thread that may experience a similar issue, I simply (1) uploaded and enabled the Types/Views plugins on my live server, (2) made the tweak in my Views filtering settings, (3) disabled the plugins, and (4) re-enabled my functions.php "require_once" calls for the the embedded versions.

All works great now. I'm not claiming I'll have this same issue in the future but for whatever reason, this is what was happening to me on this project. I'm still VERY SATISFIED with the Types and Views plugins. I feel I wield so much more power now with my WordPress development.

The topic ‘[Closed] "Embedded Views" not filtering correctly by shortcode option and taxonomy slug’ is closed to new replies.