Skip Navigation

[Resolved] Embed of Vimeo vid – problem with padding-top

This support ticket is created 7 years, 11 months ago. There's a good chance that you are reading advice that it now obsolete.

This is the technical support forum for Toolset - a suite of plugins for developing WordPress sites without writing PHP.

Everyone can read this forum, but only Toolset clients can post in it. Toolset support works 6 days per week, 19 hours per day.

Our next available supporter will start replying to tickets in about 1.01 hours from now. Thank you for your understanding.

Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
- 9:00 – 10:00 - - - - -
- - - - - - -

Supporter timezone: Africa/Cairo (GMT+02:00)

This topic contains 14 replies, has 3 voices.

Last updated by Mohammed 7 years, 8 months ago.

Assisted by: Mohammed.

Author
vid-screen grab2.jpg
vid-screen grab.jpg

I am trying to: Display a video from the Divi builder

I visited this URL: hidden link

I expected to see: A vimeo video embedded nicely in the page

Instead, I got: Large black areas around the video.

The problem is the padding on this line:
<div class="fluid-width-video-wrapper" style="padding-top: 642%;">

This videos is embedded using the "Video" module in the Divi builder. I've also tried adding it as embed code into a text box and as a video slider. All three have the same problem, though the padding-top value is variable.

Becuse it's an element.style I can't overwrite it in the custom css.

If I don't use a toolset layout on the page and just display using Divi itself the video is fine. The padding top is set to 56.25% and looks as it should.

Hope you can help
Tim

Since I didn't submit debug info here is the setup:
WP 4.5.2
Types 2.0.1
Views 2.0
Layouts 1.6
Divi Integration 1.2

173.JPG

Dear tim,

Is this problem resolved?
I tested the problem URL in my Chrome browser, it seems work fine, see screenshot 173.JPG

Please let me know if you need more assistance for it.

It's still faulty for me on both Chrome and Firefox, and I'm on a different computer now as well so not a caching problem. I'm off work today Monday and Tuesday so will revisit the problem on Wednesday if that's OK with you.

Best regards
Tim

182.JPG

Dear Tim,

I checked the problem again, now I can see the problem.

Here is what I found:
With Chrome debug tools, there is a "padding-top: 838%" in the HTML tag, for example:
<div class="fluid-width-video-wrapper" style="padding-top: 838%;">
I disable it , then it is fixed, see screenshot 182.JPG,

It seems that you are using some JS codes to add it, you will need to locate the JS codes.

Hi

Yes, indeed I mentioned that same padding-top in my original post and I know it gets fixed by disabling it.

This is something to do with how the Toolset, Toolset-Divi integration and Divi are acting together.

Maybe you test on a fresh install with:
Types
Layouts
Views
Toolset Divi Integration
Divi

I have done so and get the same problem.

Then add a video (from Vimeo) using the Divi builder "Video" element (or text block).
If you add it to a page that doesn't use a "Toolset Layout" it's fine.
If you then add a layout to the page it has the padding problem.

Thanks
Tim

I am not familiar with Divi builder, I just test with below plugins + theme:
WP 4.5.2
Types 2.0.1
Views 2.0
Layouts 1.6
Divi Integration 1.2
Divi theme 2.7.5

But can not find the "Divi builder", so I simply put the types shortcode into the content, it works fine, could post a downloadable URL for the "Divi builder", and describe detail steps to duplicate same problem? thanks

Hi Luo

The Divi builder is just the page builder tool that comes built in to Divi. It's only there on a Page, not a post.

I've tried installing base WP and the modules above on a fresh site on a different server and get the same problem.

Like I say it only occurs on Pages that have a layout associated with them through Toolset layouts.

Are you unable to replicate it?

Tim

Sorry, I did not have a registered version of Divi theme, I can not find the Divi builder "Video" element or "text" element in my localhost, please try this:
1) Deactivate other plugins, and switch to original Divi theme, and test again.
2) If the problem still exists, please duplicate same problem in a test site, and fill below private detail box with login details, I need a live website to test and debug.

Thanks for the details, I can see the problem in your site, and put it into our to-do list, our developers will take care of it.

Hello Tim,

I’m Mohammed Toolset support second tier and I have been escalated to this thread. I’ll give my best to help you to achieve your needs through Toolset components.

I couldn't replicate the problem on my local machine.

To be able to debug the problem I’d like to replicate your site locally. For this you'll need to temporarily install a plugin called "Duplicator" on your site. This will allow you to create a copy of your site and your content. You can provide me with the snapshot following these directions:
If you already know how Duplicator works ( http://wordpress.org/plugins/duplicator/ ), please skip the following steps and just send me the installer file and the zipped package you downloaded.

:: Duplicator instructions
. From WordPress plugin page, look for "Duplicator" and install it
. Once installed, you get a new main menu "Duplicator"
. Chose "Packages"
. Click on the first button you find in the toolbar on the right ("Create Package")
. Give it a name or leave it as is
**You can ignore the uploads directory , cache and the archives
. Click on "Create Package Set"
. Wait until the package is ready
. Click on "Installer", then on "Package": the first one is just a php script, the second one is a zip file containing everything you need
. Send me both files (you probably want to use DropBox, Google Drive, or similar services, as the snapshot file will be quite big , you can also exclude the images if the file is very big )
IMPORTANT: remember to create or keep an admin account for me before creating the snapshot, or I won't be able to log-in. You may delete the new admin account once the snapshot has been built.

I will set the next reply as a private reply so you will able to provide a link to download the duplicator package.

Thanks and Best Regards

Hi Tim,

Thank you for your patience and for the information you've provided.

After some tries, we found that it's a compatibility issue between Layouts and DIVI.

We still working on the issue. Please wait and I will notify you once I figure out anything.

Thanks.

Hi Tim,

This is a bit strange issue because I can't replicate the issue in a fresh installation.

If you are able to replicate the issue, please mention the required steps .

FYI, I've reported the issue to the development team so that they can investigate more in it.

Thanks.

Hi Tim,

This is an update that this issue will be fixed in the next Layouts release.

Please keep following this ticket and I will notify you once we launch this release.

Thanks.

Hi,

This is an update that we've launched a new Toolset release.

Please, backup your website and update WordPress and all Toolset plugins to the latest version then test the issue.

I'm waiting for your feedback.

Thanks.

This ticket is now closed. If you're a WPML client and need related help, please open a new support ticket.