Skip Navigation

[Resolved] Email notifications are do not translate properly

This support ticket is created 6 years, 3 months ago. There's a good chance that you are reading advice that it now obsolete.

This is the technical support forum for Toolset - a suite of plugins for developing WordPress sites without writing PHP.

Everyone can read this forum, but only Toolset clients can post in it. Toolset support works 6 days per week, 19 hours per day.

Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
- 7:00 – 14:00 7:00 – 14:00 7:00 – 14:00 7:00 – 14:00 7:00 – 14:00 -
- 15:00 – 16:00 15:00 – 16:00 15:00 – 16:00 15:00 – 16:00 15:00 – 16:00 -

Supporter timezone: Europe/London (GMT+00:00)

This topic contains 2 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by dmitriV 6 years, 3 months ago.

Assisted by: Nigel.

Author

I am trying to: create bi-lingual user forms and CRED & WPML seem to support it in general. However the E-mail Notifications do seem to always send the email in English even though it's translated with WPML String Translation.

Link to a page where the issue can be seen:
Dutch Front-end with the CRED form in question: hidden link
Admin for the same CRED form: hidden link

The user form itself is translated properly, but the email notification that it sends is not translated. However the translation for it is provided here: hidden link

Is this a bug or am I doing something wrong?

Nigel
Supporter

Languages: English (English ) Spanish (Español )

Timezone: Europe/London (GMT+00:00)

Screen Shot 2017-12-11 at 11.35.36.png

Hi Dmitri

I set up a test site locally to check this for myself and it worked as expected.

I have a CRED form to publish posts with a notification.

That CRED form is added to a page.

I have a translation of that page so I can View the same form in a second language.

Using WPML > String Translation I found the notification strings in a text domain specific to that form.

I found the strings from my email subject and body and translated them, being sure to mark the translations as complete (see screenshot).

Then when I submitted the form from the front-end in the second language, the resulting email notification was sent with the translated strings.

This is the same as your set-up? Did you mark the translations as complete?

Thanks for fast reply Nigel.

My CRED User Form was within DIVI Builder Page. Translations were already finalized.
It seems that I got it to work if I created a new page, embed CRED User Form directly into a new Page, without DIVI builder. And then copied the content of the page ENG-->NL.

Then, not sure why, also the one wrapped in DIVI Builder Page started to work. Maybe creation of the new page with CRED form triggered the translation to work on old pages as well.

This ticket is now closed. If you're a WPML client and need related help, please open a new support ticket.