Skip Navigation

[Resolved] Email notification not being sent from From created via Toolset

This support ticket is created 4 years, 6 months ago. There's a good chance that you are reading advice that it now obsolete.

This is the technical support forum for Toolset - a suite of plugins for developing WordPress sites without writing PHP.

Everyone can read this forum, but only Toolset clients can post in it. Toolset support works 6 days per week, 19 hours per day.

Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
- 7:00 – 14:00 7:00 – 14:00 7:00 – 14:00 7:00 – 14:00 7:00 – 14:00 -
- 15:00 – 16:00 15:00 – 16:00 15:00 – 16:00 15:00 – 16:00 15:00 – 16:00 -

Supporter timezone: Europe/London (GMT+01:00)

Tagged: 

This topic contains 49 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by simonM-5 4 years, 4 months ago.

Assisted by: Nigel.

Author

Nigel
Supporter

Languages: English (English ) Spanish (Español )

Timezone: Europe/London (GMT+01:00)

Hi Simon

A brief update just to say that the Forms developer is currently working on your site investigating this. He has found that the WordPress shutdown action that is used to trigger the notifications isn't firing consistently on your site, but cannot determine why (some 3rd-party influence, likely), and is considering the best approach.

So, no fix yet, but it is being worked on.

Hi Nigel

As you no doubt appreciate, it is a core functionality of such an directory-based website. We are trying hard to keep our pesky 3rd party plugins to the bare minimum. We really only want to have Avada, Toolset, WPML, SSL and WooCommerce stuff active, if at all possible. We deactivate plugins we are not actively using to keep things clean.

Looking forward to the results from your developer. I appreciate the update, hope to get a resolution soon.

Kind regards
Simon

Screenshot 2019-11-16 at 12.37.44.png

Hi Nigel

Unfortunately, something has been changed by the forms developer, I suspect, which has broken our website. The backup I took before starting giving Toolset FTP access etc was a few weeks back so I cannot restore to that backup or we would lose all our development work since then.

Please have this rectified as soon as possible. Sending you a screenshot.

Thanks and regards
Simon

Fatal error: Uncaught Error: Call to undefined function ek_error() in /var/www/kle1116-204/apps/dev/wp-content/toolset-customizations/send-toolset-forms-notifications.php:17 Stack trace: #0 /var/www/kle1116-204/apps/dev/wp-includes/class-wp-hook.php(288): prefix_send_toolset_forms_notifications('') #1 /var/www/kle1116-204/apps/dev/wp-includes/class-wp-hook.php(312): WP_Hook->apply_filters(NULL, Array) #2 /var/www/kle1116-204/apps/dev/wp-includes/plugin.php(478): WP_Hook->do_action(Array) #3 /var/www/kle1116-204/apps/dev/wp-includes/general-template.php(2895): do_action('wp_footer') #4 /var/www/kle1116-204/apps/dev/wp-content/themes/Avada/footer.php(60): wp_footer() #5 /var/www/kle1116-204/apps/dev/wp-includes/template.php(722): require_once('/var/www/kle111...') #6 /var/www/kle1116-204/apps/dev/wp-includes/template.php(671): load_template('/var/www/kle111...', true) #7 /var/www/kle1116-204/apps/dev/wp-includes/general-template.php(76): locate_template(Array, true) #8 /var/www/kle1116-204/apps/dev/wp-content/themes/Avada/p in /var/www/kle1116-204/apps/dev/wp-content/toolset-customizations/send-toolset-forms-notifications.php on line 17
There has been a critical error on your website.

Nigel
Supporter

Hi Simon

I've disabled the code snippet the developer added while working on the issue that was responsible for the error, it should be okay now.

Ordinarily we wouldn't work on client sites in this way, but it is only on your server where the problem occurs, on copies of your site installed on other servers the problem doesn't appear, and so unfortunately there is no alternative but to work on this installation.

I can see from the comments in the internal tickets that they have not resolved it yet and another developer has been called in to assist.

Are you able to make another installation on the same server where we can work independently of your development work?

Screenshot 2019-11-18 at 12.21.52.png
Screenshot 2019-11-18 at 10.17.52.png

HI Nigel

OK, thanks for that.

We duplicated our dev site and it is now also running under:
hidden link
with all the same credentials etc we have provided you already.

I also created a new mailbox on the new dev2 domain: infotest@dev2.native-nanny.com.

If you say that this problem seems to be specific to our server/installation, could it be something to do with how our email boxes are set up on the host?

There aren't many settings we can change. I'm sending your screenshots of the options we have there.

Our "new" copied site it not registered with Toolset, is that a requirement to have the notifications working? We don't really want to use up 1 of our 3 licences with this copied duplicate site, if we can avoid it.

Thanks and regards
Simon

HI Nigel

One other thing we changed in our "real" DEV environment which I thought I'd mention in case of any relevance:

We noticed our admin email in WP Admin > Settings > General was "info@native-nanny.com". We set up a new email box "info@dev.native-nanny.com" and now are using this one as our Admin email.

We tested the Contact Form from the footer (link Company Information) after making this change, but it didn't help. We still didn't receive the notification.

Thanks and regards
Simon

Nigel
Supporter

Thanks for that, I've shared the info with our devs.

No need to register the site, that is just for updating plugins.

Hi Nigel

I must correct myself from the previous two updates. The emails from the dev2 environment are sending correctly! The emails were just landing in my junk folder.

I have tested it with sending an email from the Contact form (hidden link) and also as registering as a new Nanny (hidden link), and both worked perfectly.

Now the question remains as to what is the difference between the two sites so we can fix our dev environment.

Thanks and regards
Simon

Nigel
Supporter

Sorry, can I clarify.

The notifications are still not being sent from the original dev server you shared (dev.native-nanny.com), but they *are* working correctly on the duplicate server you created (dev2.native-nanny.com)?

Am I correct in saying that the non-working original server is using https:// and the working duplicate is using http:// ?

HI

That is correct.

dev.native-nanny.com is https
dev2.native-nanny.com is http

Nigel
Supporter

Sorry Simon, the developer is asking for FTP credentials for the dev2 server if I could get those please.

I'll create another private reply.

Nigel
Supporter

Thanks for that. The developer is still trying to get to the bottom of it, but it is likely not related to https.

Nigel
Supporter

Hi Simon

The developer took another run at this, and was unable to see why he wasn't seeing the expected messages in the logs.

It seems that we only have access to a single site with FTP.

It's not possible to navigate between //apps/dev and //apps/dev2, accessing via FTP with the credentials you provided simply contains one folder with a single WordPress installation.

We don't appear to have FTP access to the dev server.

Hi Nigel

My apologies, the account I gave you was set to only see //apps/dev2... I changed it to //apps so you should now see
//apps/dev
//apps/dev2
//apps/prod (empty)
//apps/tst (empty)

Please let me know if the change works for you. According to my host provider, the change should be immediately effective.

Thanks and regards
Simon

This ticket is now closed. If you're a WPML client and need related help, please open a new support ticket.