Skip Navigation

[Resolved] Email Form on Single Listing Post

This thread is resolved. Here is a description of the problem and solution.

Problem:
Email Form on Single Listing Post

Solution:
Please check the following doc and learn how you can create form and add to the divi module first using Divi theme.

Relevant Documentation:
https://toolset.com/documentation/recommended-themes/toolset-divi-integration/front-end-forms-for-submitting-content-and-registering-users/

This support ticket is created 4 years, 11 months ago. There's a good chance that you are reading advice that it now obsolete.

This is the technical support forum for Toolset - a suite of plugins for developing WordPress sites without writing PHP.

Everyone can read this forum, but only Toolset clients can post in it. Toolset support works 6 days per week, 19 hours per day.

Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
- 10:00 – 13:00 10:00 – 13:00 10:00 – 13:00 10:00 – 13:00 10:00 – 13:00 -
- 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 -

Supporter timezone: Asia/Kolkata (GMT+05:30)

Tagged: 

This topic contains 6 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by Eric 4 years, 11 months ago.

Assisted by: Minesh.

Author

I have real estate listings. I created a single listing view that displays a listing and the listing's agent (listing-agent relationship).

I need to create a listing inquiry form that displays on the single listing post. The form will include three fields: name, email, phone number. A site visitor who is interested in a listing can submit the form. The form responses will be emailed to the listing's agent. In order for the form responses to be effective, I need the listing post title to be included in the email notification to the agent.

If I cannot create the form, as an alternative, for each single listing, I include the listing agent's name, phone number and email address. When clicked, the email address opens the user's email application. I would like to include the listing post title in the subject line and some instructions in the body of the message. Is this possible?

? Eric

Any help appreciated.

Minesh
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: Asia/Kolkata (GMT+05:30)

Hello. Thank you for contacting the Toolset support.

Yes - you can send the email notification to listing agent.

Can you please create the Toolset form with your required fields (name, email, phone number) and add it to your listing.

If you do not know how to add it, please share one test listing single page and access details.

*** Please make a FULL BACKUP of your database and website.***
I would also eventually need to request temporary access (WP-Admin and FTP) to your site. Preferably to a test site where the problem has been replicated if possible in order to be of better help and check if some configurations might need to be changed.

I have set the next reply to private which means only you and I have access to it.

Hi Minesh. I created a CPT called "Messages." I created a CRED form for it and a one-to-many relationship with listings. You'll see the form on the single listing at hidden link

I need a visitor who is interested in the listing to submit the new "Messages" CRED form. The responses will be emailed to the corresponding agent for the listing and the email subject will include the listing post title so the agent knows which listing is being inquired. 🙂 Eric

I'm heading to bed as it's late here. Thank you very much for your help, Minesh! 🙂 Eric

Minesh
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: Asia/Kolkata (GMT+05:30)

Well - I do not see the form you added and later I found that you added the forms field directly to your divi module.

This is not the correct way to use Toolset forms.

Please check the following doc and learn how you can create form and add to the divi module first.
https://toolset.com/documentation/recommended-themes/toolset-divi-integration/front-end-forms-for-submitting-content-and-registering-users/

Thank you, Minesh. I will check out the link. 🙂 Eric

My issue is resolved now. Thank you!

This ticket is now closed. If you're a WPML client and need related help, please open a new support ticket.