Skip Navigation

[Resolved] Elementor shorcode is not working in toolset content template.

This support ticket is created 4 years, 2 months ago. There's a good chance that you are reading advice that it now obsolete.

This is the technical support forum for Toolset - a suite of plugins for developing WordPress sites without writing PHP.

Everyone can read this forum, but only Toolset clients can post in it. Toolset support works 6 days per week, 19 hours per day.

No supporters are available to work today on Toolset forum. Feel free to create tickets and we will handle it as soon as we are online. Thank you for your understanding.

Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
- 7:00 – 14:00 7:00 – 14:00 7:00 – 14:00 7:00 – 14:00 7:00 – 14:00 -
- 15:00 – 16:00 15:00 – 16:00 15:00 – 16:00 15:00 – 16:00 15:00 – 16:00 -

Supporter timezone: Europe/London (GMT+01:00)

This topic contains 2 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by Nigel 4 years, 2 months ago.

Assisted by: Nigel.

Author

Hi,

I created a section in elementor and get a shortcode for that.

If I place this shortcode to text editor its working fine, but when I place this shortcode in a toolset content template its not working at all.

Please help me to solve that elementor shortcode should work in toolset content template.

Nigel
Supporter

Languages: English (English ) Spanish (Español )

Timezone: Europe/London (GMT+01:00)

Hi there

I've tested this and confirm the problem.

What I don't know is whether it fails because of something to do with our Content Templates and so is something we can fix or not.

I've escalated this to my colleagues who can take a deeper look at debugging the issue, and I'll let you know what they find.

Nigel
Supporter

Languages: English (English ) Spanish (Español )

Timezone: Europe/London (GMT+01:00)

I'm sorry to say this is a known limitation and is marked as cannot be fixed.

See https://toolset.com/errata/elementor-pro-template-shortcode-not-rendered-in-view-loop-item/

It seems like the only context where it works is directly within the wpv-loop tags of a View.

You are trying to add the elementor shortcode to a content template.

You could try inserting a View into that template where you pass the current post id as a shortcode attribute to the View and the View includes a post id filter that takes its value from that shortcode attribute (so that the View is querying the same post being displayed by the content template), and then add your elementor shortcode to the output section of that View.

I haven't tested it, but that seems like the only scenario where that could work...

This ticket is now closed. If you're a WPML client and need related help, please open a new support ticket.