Skip Navigation

[Resolved] Elementor doesn't display Key Options for my Toolset Fiels

This support ticket is created 3 years, 2 months ago. There's a good chance that you are reading advice that it now obsolete.

This is the technical support forum for Toolset - a suite of plugins for developing WordPress sites without writing PHP.

Everyone can read this forum, but only Toolset clients can post in it. Toolset support works 6 days per week, 19 hours per day.

Tagged: 

This topic contains 4 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by Jaime 3 years, 2 months ago.

Author
Captura de pantalla 2021-02-09 a las 13.36.03.png

Tell us what you are trying to do?
I'm trying to change some things on my website. Basically, Theme (moving from Kleo to Astra) and Visual Editor (moving from Visual Composer to Elementor Pro). I have some CPT created with Toolset.
The problem is when I try to add some Fields form my CPT the "Settings Key" option to dynamic content doesn't appears. (I attach an screenshot of what I have). I was able to add some galleries and Post Titles, but no other Fields shows me the "Settings Key".

I have deactivated all plugins, changed the theme, and uploaded the latests versions of Toolset plugins an Elementor Pro.
Nothing. 🙁

Is there any documentation that you are following?
Well yes, I've tried to follow several tickets and video tutorials, but any of them has the same problem than me. I found one talking about the "Settings Key" wasn't displaying, but there was a problem about User Fields, and it's not exactly the same case than me because in my case no Settings display is available. Here the ticket I'm talking about
https://toolset.com/forums/topic/elementor-no-dynamic-key-options/

Is there a similar example that we can see?
Don't know

What is the link to your site?
I'm working on a develop site, but it's online, so if you could check it it would be awesome.

Nigel
Supporter

Languages: English (English ) Spanish (Español )

Timezone: Europe/London (GMT+01:00)

I Nigel.
I have just red it.
Thanks for your answer. What a piece of **it, right?
I mean, it's something on the side of Elementor, right?

I have wrote a ticket to Elementor support, but it's very useless to write them... No support really.
I hope this thing will be solved quickly. Any idea of estimated time remaining?

Nigel, could you please, write me down an example of what kind of ‘wpcf-‘ should I use.
For example, for this Field:
[types field='provincia-cadiz'][/types]
wpcf-provincia-cadiz should be ok?

Thanks again Nigel.
You still remain an excellent support team.
🙂

HI again Nigel.
I wrote you back before you answer me in order to save time (I guessing I will need your help, anyway).

What should I do to make the workaround work?
So far, I've done this:

In Elementor Template Editor:
Add "Text Editor" > Dynamic Tags > Post Custom Field > Settings >
and thats where I get stuck

What should I do now?
Select a key? Add a Custom key?

Thanks Nigel

Hi again Nigel.
Sorry for my continues ticketing, but:

1) I found my self how to use the workaround provided here. Thanks anyway.
https://toolset.com/errata/elementor-dynamic-sources-not-working-when-selecting-toolset-fields-as-source/

2) I located this topic on Github
hidden link
and one guy says with previous version of Elementor (Elementor 3.1.0) the issue is fixed.
I tried and it works perfectly, so, if you want to suggest this option to another users or even suggest it in the workaround until the problem is solved by Elementor, I think it could be very useful for other users.

Thanks again Nigel.
I hope my investigation will be useful for you, and other Toolset users.

Have a great day.
🙂

This ticket is now closed. If you're a WPML client and need related help, please open a new support ticket.