Skip Navigation

[Resolved] Elementor 2.0 compatibility with Toolset

This support ticket is created 6 years, 1 month ago. There's a good chance that you are reading advice that it now obsolete.

This is the technical support forum for Toolset - a suite of plugins for developing WordPress sites without writing PHP.

Everyone can read this forum, but only Toolset clients can post in it. Toolset support works 6 days per week, 19 hours per day.

Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
- 7:00 – 14:00 7:00 – 14:00 7:00 – 14:00 7:00 – 14:00 7:00 – 14:00 -
- 15:00 – 16:00 15:00 – 16:00 15:00 – 16:00 15:00 – 16:00 15:00 – 16:00 -

Supporter timezone: Europe/London (GMT+01:00)

This topic contains 14 replies, has 3 voices.

Last updated by Nigel 5 years, 5 months ago.

Assisted by: Nigel.

Author

Hi,
Is there any information between the Compatibility of Elementor 2.0 with toolset.

Will we be able to use Elementor to design content templates

Also other than Divi, Beaver Builder, Fusion Builder and VC Is any other page builder supported for making Content templates?

Vijay

Nigel
Supporter

Languages: English (English ) Spanish (Español )

Timezone: Europe/London (GMT+01:00)

Hi there

It is currently not possible to design Toolset templates using Elementor.

We have tried to add integration for Elementor, but it is currently impossible because Elementor loads on the front-end and strips all third-party scripts and styles. To be able to work with Elementor we would need them to whitelist our assets and not strip them. We have asked, and if you are an Elementor client, it might be helpful if you request the same from them directly.

The four page builders you have listed are those we currently provide integrations for, and Gutenberg will be added to that list soon. We would like to add Elementor to that list, but we currently cannot.

Hi Nigel,
Thanks for the answer.

So If I Understand this right, In case I use Elementor to create a content template for a CPT designed with Wp-toolset, I will not be able to use the CRED form to update CPTs.

I am asking this because I need to make choice on the page builder and editing Data (CPTs) through CRED forms are important for me.

I tried using Wp-toolset with a pagebuilder called oxygen (www.oxygenapp.com) which allows you to design single post templates for CPTs but when we use the CRED edit form the single post template is used. Will Elementor have the same issue

Vijay

Nigel
Supporter

No, that shouldn't be the case.

You cannot currently use Elementor to design Views content templates.

But you can insert a CRED forms directly into a page not designed with Elementor and it will be rendered and can be submitted as normal to create your CPT posts (even if those posts are then rendered with a template made by Elementor).

The problem you may have is outputting Types custom fields in your Elementor template if your custom post type published via CRED includes custom fields. We are currently locked out of the Elementor UI, so the normal Fields and Views button you would use to insert shortcodes is not available. I think it should be possible to write the shortcodes into an Elementor module directly, or to copy and paste them in if you generate them on another page in the normal WordPress editor, and they should still work.

Note there is a current known issue involving a 3-way conflict with CRED, Elementor, and Yoast, but it should be resolved soon.

Hi Nigel,

Thanks for your reply.

Actually I was trying out the elementor beta yesterday.

I am working on another page builder software called oxygen (www.oxygenapp.com) which is similar to layouts and has 2.0 alpha release doing the rounds. This page builder replaces your theme completely. It also gives you the right to make single post templates.

I manage a website for a swimming club, All events, swimmers, inventory etc are stored as a CPT with custom fields. I use CRED for Data Entry and modifying existing CPTs (I use the hooks to insert data in mailster etc)

Now in order to edit CPTs I have a page which has a view with 2 columns the first column is the post name (for swimmers it is the name of the swimmer) while the second column is the link to the CRED form to update the same. ([cred_link_form form='edit-inventory' form_name='Edit Inventory' post="[wpv-post-id]" text="Edit Inventory"])

But when I click on edit inventory I am pushed to the single post template and not the CRED form.

Can you help

Vijay

Nigel
Supporter

Hi Vijay

"when I click on edit inventory I am pushed to the single post template and not the CRED form"

You mean you see the CRED form but it is rendered using the single post template, right?

Because that is expected.

CRED edit forms need to live inside Content Templates, and Content Templates are rendered using the theme's single.php, simply replacing the part of the template generated by the_content.

As you are testing, perhaps you can check.

When you click on a link to edit a post with a CRED form, the URL is the URL of the single post, with a URL parameter of "content-template-id" which specifies the content template which contains the form.

That page will be rendered by single.php.

If you are using Oxygen (or Elementor 2.0) to make templates for the single posts, can you confirm that if you remove the URL parameter they are used to display the single post, but if you add back the URL parameter, they no longer are?

Hi Nigel,

My comments below

when I click on edit inventory I am pushed to the single post template and not the CRED form"

You mean you see the CRED form but it is rendered using the single post template, right?

Because that is expected. (Yes)

CRED edit forms need to live inside Content Templates, and Content Templates are rendered using the theme's single.php, simply replacing the part of the template generated by the_content.

As you are testing, perhaps you can check.

When you click on a link to edit a post with a CRED form, the URL is the URL of the single post, with a URL parameter of "content-template-id" which specifies the content template which contains the form.
(Yes)

hidden link

That page will be rendered by single.php.

If you are using Oxygen (or Elementor 2.0) to make templates for the single posts, can you confirm that if you remove the URL parameter they are used to display the single post, but if you add back the URL parameter, they no longer are?

(Not fully please see example below)

hidden link

hidden link
Vijay

Nigel
Supporter

I see we are talking at slightly cross-purposes here.

You are using the old deprecated method of linking to CRED edit forms.

The intended method is to create a CRED edit form, to insert this form inside a Content Template (which is not assigned to anything), and then where you want the edit link to appear insert the corresponding shortcode (toolset-edit-post-link: https://toolset.com/documentation/user-guides/views-shortcodes/#toolset-edit-post-link) using the GUI.

Confusingly (this will be fixed), the CRED edit link can be found not in the CRED Forms button but in the Fields and Views button.

When inserting this link you will be asked to specify which Content Template contains the edit form.

The URL parameter added will be content-template-id (not cred-edit-form).

Can you update your site to adopt this workflow and then update me if you still have problems seeing the CRED form?

hi Nigel,

I tried the solution. I think it does not work because the template created by Oxygen overrides the Toolset Template, I guess this would work if the single post template is created by Toolset and is used.

Also can't a solution be worked by passing the parameters to a CRED form?

Vijay

Nigel
Supporter

Hi Vijay

The CRED edit form is rendered at the URL of the post being edited, with the content-template-id URL parameter used to wrestle control of what is displayed to output the edit form rather than the post itself.

The problem arises because a different plugin—Oxygen—is also trying to take control of how the post is rendered at that URL, and is winning that battle.

This, then, becomes a compatibility issue, where we would need to examine how the plugin takes control of rendering the post to see if, when we have our URL parameter present when editing, we can win the race.

Can I get access to your site and I'll get a copy of Oxygen to pass to our developers to see if that's possible?

I'll mark your next reply as private.

Nigel
Supporter

Hi Vijay

I took a copy of the Oxygen plugin to pass to the developers, but I note that it is an alpha release, and so they may be reluctant to do any compatibility work on something which may well change before being published.

I'm escalating this thread while it is investigated, and I'll get back to you as soon as possible.

Hi Nigel,
with Elementor 2.0 released 3 days ago, the Elementor team say that Elementor 2.0 has partially integration (als well as ACF etc.) for Toolset. Do you know how far this integration goes?
Thanks
Thorsten

Nigel
Supporter

Hi Thorsten

I saw the message in their blog post where they say Toolset integration "will be one of the first updates".

We have done what we can to prepare for such integration on our side and we are waiting on them.

We have had some high-level talks to agree on cooperation, and are just waiting on their developers. From their blog post it sounds like they will be turning their attention to this soon, and I have mentioned it to my colleague in compatibility to make sure the necessary dialog occurs.

Hi Nigel,
ok, thanks. According on a post in their GutHub (hidden link) it seems, that Toolset is implemented very well (please take a look on the two posts of the user ljubacanoa in the thread there.

Nigel
Supporter

Hi Vijay

I am just reviewing old escalated threads to see if I have overlooked anything.

I reported an issue with the Oxygen 2 alpha and edit forms not working, but I believe this was resolved with the stable release of Oxygen, which I have since tested.

If you still find a problem with Oxygen 2.1 let me know.

Sorry for the very late response.

This ticket is now closed. If you're a WPML client and need related help, please open a new support ticket.