Skip Navigation

[Resolved] Editor can not add/remove the toolset custom posts/pages in WP menu

This thread is resolved. Here is a description of the problem and solution.

Problem: Editor role users cannot add or remove custom post types in WP Menu appearance after adding the edit_theme_options capability.

Solution: You may need to activate those custom post types manually in the Screen Options tab at the top of the page.

This support ticket is created 3 years, 4 months ago. There's a good chance that you are reading advice that it now obsolete.

This is the technical support forum for Toolset - a suite of plugins for developing WordPress sites without writing PHP.

Everyone can read this forum, but only Toolset clients can post in it. Toolset support works 6 days per week, 19 hours per day.

Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
8:00 – 12:00 8:00 – 12:00 8:00 – 12:00 8:00 – 12:00 8:00 – 12:00 - -
13:00 – 17:00 13:00 – 17:00 13:00 – 17:00 13:00 – 17:00 13:00 – 17:00 - -

Supporter timezone: America/New_York (GMT-04:00)

This topic contains 2 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by a.e.a.m.S 3 years, 4 months ago.

Assisted by: Christian Cox.

Author
editor-user-role.png
admin-user-role.png

Tell us what you are trying to do? Give editor access to add, remove or change the order of Toolset posts/pages in WP menu

Is there any documentation that you are following? I have checked edit_theme_options in: access > custom roles but that does not do the trick.

Is there a similar example that we can see?

What is the link to your site? hidden link

2 screenshots included, one with admin user role that's showing the toolset items in the menu, the other with editor user role not showing the toolset items.

Hi, if you login as Editor, scroll to the top of the Menus editor, and open the hidden Screen Options tab, you should be able to activate each custom post type. They are probably deactivated by default. Try that and let me know if the issue is not resolved.

My issue is resolved now. Thank you!

This ticket is now closed. If you're a WPML client and need related help, please open a new support ticket.