Skip Navigation

[Resolved] Editing or publishing a page/post creates and loads a new layout page

This support ticket is created 3 years, 3 months ago. There's a good chance that you are reading advice that it now obsolete.

This is the technical support forum for Toolset - a suite of plugins for developing WordPress sites without writing PHP.

Everyone can read this forum, but only Toolset clients can post in it. Toolset support works 6 days per week, 19 hours per day.

Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
- 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 -
- 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 -

Supporter timezone: Asia/Karachi (GMT+05:00)

This topic contains 2 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by steveP-2 3 years, 3 months ago.

Assisted by: Waqar.

Author
Screen Shot 2020-12-09 at 11.45.38 AM.png
Screen Shot 2020-12-09 at 11.46.12 AM.png

I am trying to create or edit a new page, custom page, custom post type. I expect to see the edit screen. Instead I see the the Edit Layout screen for the corresponding associated layout. For example, if I try to publish a custom post type called "Blog Post", the system creates and loads a "Layout for Posts" layout. If I try to publish a regular WordPress page, the system creates and loads a "Layout for Pages" layout. I can't get to the regular edit screen.

The system keeps generating new versions (see attached). If I try to delete any of these, it loads a broken view of the layouts page (see attached).

Waqar
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: Asia/Karachi (GMT+05:00)

Hi,

Thank you for contacting us and I'd be happy to assist.

I see from your website's debug info that you have out-of-date versions of Views and Layouts plugins.

That's understandable, as Views and Layouts have been temporarily removed from the custom Toolset installer which is being redesigned, and need to be updated manually.
( ref: https://toolset.com/errata/many-back-end-links-unexpectedly-redirecting-to-create-new-layout-with-wordpress-5-6/ )

Note: If you have problems accessing your plugins page (because of the issue described above), you may need to remove the previous version using FTP.

Once these plugins have been updated to the latest versions, please clear all involved caches and then check the admin area pages.

I hope this helps and please let me know if you need any further assistance around this.

regards,
Waqar

I appreciate the update. We figured this out through trial and error. My issue is resolved now, thanks.

This ticket is now closed. If you're a WPML client and need related help, please open a new support ticket.