Skip Navigation

[Resolved] Editing Layouts – Slug input box repeating and mutiple errors

This support ticket is created 3 years, 4 months ago. There's a good chance that you are reading advice that it now obsolete.

This is the technical support forum for Toolset - a suite of plugins for developing WordPress sites without writing PHP.

Everyone can read this forum, but only Toolset clients can post in it. Toolset support works 6 days per week, 19 hours per day.

This topic contains 3 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by DaveR6137 3 years, 4 months ago.

Author
Screenshot (114).png
Screenshot (113).png

I updated as per this errata as I was unable to open my layouts to edit:
https://toolset.com/errata/many-back-end-links-unexpectedly-redirecting-to-create-new-layout-with-wordpress-5-6/

Now - I'm unable to edit the layout.
See screencaps for details.

I think the screenshots are self explanatory.

I am also wondering if there's any guidance to transfer a site from Layouts to Blocks? My site is never finished and is continually improved - so we're not keen on using what's now a legacy plugin where i have to update manually. I'm happy to re-build the page formats in Blocks if I have to. Is there a comprehensive list of what Blocks cannot do? I ask as I had trouble start of 2020 using blocks to create a simple archive page (i forget the issue now - but it was unable to do something that was fundamental). So would i be able to create an archive layout that applies to all my categories, and would I be able to run Blocks and Layouts side by side while I transfer my layouts over? I'm assuming I'd then need to use the block editor in order to embed a view in a post. Sorry for the questions - but I think they're relevant if there's an issue with LAyouts that I'd be better off moving to Blocks.

I am unable to edit my ticket - please ignore the final paragraph as I've managed to experiment with a website and easily managed to create a content template.

However - the problem as detailed above still persists even when I enable troubleshooting mode - with only the minimal Toolset Plugins enabled.

Oddly - another site of mine running virtually the same plugins on the same multisite doesn't have the same issue.

While I will probably migrate over to Blocks - this is still a problem as I am unable to copy over the content within the current layout which i need to re-use in the new Blocks Content Templates (i have some ridiculously complex conditionals that I don't want to lose!!

Nigel
Supporter

Languages: English (English ) Spanish (Español )

Timezone: Europe/London (GMT+01:00)

Hi Dave

If you updated Layouts to 2.6.7 and still have these problems I suspect it is a browser caching problem. Please try clearing your browser cache to see if that fixes the issue. You may want to check in a different browser than normal to confirm its a caching issue.

It doesn't look like you are using any JS optimisation plugin, but if you are, temporarily deactivate it.

Let us know if that resolves the problem.

You were probably correct with your suggestion as this is working perfectly tonight.
My issue is resolved now. Thank you!

This ticket is now closed. If you're a WPML client and need related help, please open a new support ticket.