Skip Navigation

[Resolved] Editing Layout Cells ignores classes, and creates extra empty class fields

This support ticket is created 7 years, 6 months ago. There's a good chance that you are reading advice that it now obsolete.

This is the technical support forum for Toolset - a suite of plugins for developing WordPress sites without writing PHP.

Everyone can read this forum, but only Toolset clients can post in it. Toolset support works 6 days per week, 19 hours per day.

This topic contains 3 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by Ivan 7 years, 5 months ago.

Assisted by: Ivan.

Author
2.png
1.png
0.png

I am trying to: Add classes to Layout Cells. I click on the pencil icon, add the class needed, save and close... and nothing is added in the output. I try to edit the Cell again, the class is supposedly there, but extra empty fields for classes are created. I retype the class, or select from dropdown, save and exit.. and nothing happens. Apparently the class is there, but in the output it is not. I edit again the cell, and now there are a lot more empty class fields!!

This started happening since the last update on the 29th of Sept 2016.

I just found a not so quick fix, but it actually works for me.

I am adding the classes directly in the database. Search within postmeta table, the layout you are trying to edit.. in the key value it will appear all the code for the layout... Look for the the row or cell you want to edit, look for the additional classes code and add your classes..

Make sure you dont open the layout in the admin panel, since that will overwrite the database...

I know this is not a good solution, but after three days of looking for one, this is the best we can do, to keep working on our clients website..

Toolset is a gret tool, but this time it has cost us 3 days of extra work, and my client is not happy 🙁

Ivan
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Hello Peter,

I'm Ivan from toolset development team. Sorry for this issue and for waiting so long on answer, our support forum is a bit loaded last days.

For now I can only confirm that this is the real issue caused by select2 library update. We are already working on this and we will publish hotfix for this soon as possible.

I'll update you here probably during the day.

Thanks for understanding,
Ivan

Ivan
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Hello Peter,

Sorry for the delay, hotfix for this issue is available now. You should able to update Layouts to version 1.8.6 from wp-admin and update will solve this problem.

Thank you,
Ivan

This ticket is now closed. If you're a WPML client and need related help, please open a new support ticket.