Skip Navigation

[Resolved] Edit post from a different post, using Forms

This thread is resolved. Here is a description of the problem and solution.

Problem: I would like to use Forms to edit a post, but I would like to display the Form on a different post.

Solution: Create a View that displays the post title for the post you want to edit, and place the View on the post where you want to display the Form. Replace the post title shortcode with the Form shortcode.

This support ticket is created 5 years, 11 months ago. There's a good chance that you are reading advice that it now obsolete.

This is the technical support forum for Toolset - a suite of plugins for developing WordPress sites without writing PHP.

Everyone can read this forum, but only Toolset clients can post in it. Toolset support works 6 days per week, 19 hours per day.

Our next available supporter will start replying to tickets in about 1.94 hours from now. Thank you for your understanding.

Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
8:00 – 12:00 8:00 – 12:00 8:00 – 12:00 8:00 – 12:00 8:00 – 12:00 - -
13:00 – 17:00 13:00 – 17:00 13:00 – 17:00 13:00 – 17:00 13:00 – 17:00 - -

Supporter timezone: America/New_York (GMT-04:00)

This topic contains 1 reply, has 2 voices.

Last updated by Christian Cox 5 years, 11 months ago.

Assisted by: Christian Cox.

Author

I have a page called 'who-needs-a-will' that creates a CPT 'User Will'...I have written some code that only allows the user to create one 'User Will'...

Later in the site the user navigates to a page called 'marital-status' where they need to add additional details to their 'User Will' CPT.

What I can't manage to do is to bring up the same 'User Will' post to edit on the marital status page...

Please can you advise....it sounds like it should be simple..

Best wishes

Geoff

One way to do this is to use a View that queries User Will posts, where the current User is the post author. The one result of that View will be the current User's User Will post. Inside the Loop Output of the View, insert the edit post CRED form shortcode or Edit Post link in the wpv-loop tags. Insert the View of User Wills in the Content Template or Template Layout for the Marital Status page.

Let me know if you have additional questions, or if I misunderstood what you want to accomplish.

This ticket is now closed. If you're a WPML client and need related help, please open a new support ticket.