Skip Navigation

[Resolved] edit posts without using Layout

This support ticket is created 5 years, 10 months ago. There's a good chance that you are reading advice that it now obsolete.

This is the technical support forum for Toolset - a suite of plugins for developing WordPress sites without writing PHP.

Everyone can read this forum, but only Toolset clients can post in it. Toolset support works 6 days per week, 19 hours per day.

Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
- 7:00 – 14:00 7:00 – 14:00 7:00 – 14:00 7:00 – 14:00 7:00 – 14:00 -
- 15:00 – 16:00 15:00 – 16:00 15:00 – 16:00 15:00 – 16:00 15:00 – 16:00 -

Supporter timezone: Europe/London (GMT+01:00)

This topic contains 1 reply, has 2 voices.

Last updated by Nigel 5 years, 10 months ago.

Assisted by: Nigel.

Author
Schermata del 2018-06-15 14-28-12.png
Schermata del 2018-06-15 14-28-40.png

I'm using Elementor Pro to create NEW account pages

here is my problem:
now to edit a type of post, click on "Edit" (image 1) and load a layout created with the "Toolset Layout" plugin (image 2)
(at this moment the pages are created with Toolset Layout)

I have to make sure that by clicking on Edit I can edit the post without using Toolset Layout but Elementor.
What should I change view, since the list of posts is generated by View?

thanks

Nigel
Supporter

Languages: English (English ) Spanish (Español )

Timezone: Europe/London (GMT+01:00)

Hi Massimo

When you create an edit form to be able to link to it you *must* insert the form into a template before you can insert an edit link.

If you are using Layouts on your site, you *must* insert the edit form into a Template Layout.

If you are not using Layouts on your site you *must* insert the edit form into a Content Template.

With Elementor 2.0 (and some other plugins that have introduced the ability to create templates for single posts, much like you have been able to do with Views until now) there is a problem in that you cannot use one of its templates for the post type for which you want to user an Edit Form, because Views needs to be responsible for rendering that template, but Elementor hijacks it.

(Also, we are working with Elementor on being able to design Views Content Templates with Elementor, but that is not yet possible.)

So, the current situation is that if you want an edit link, you *must* include the edit form in a Toolset template (Layouts or Views), and if doing that you cannot use Elementor to create templates for the single post type in question.

Is that an accurate reflection of the problem you have?

This ticket is now closed. If you're a WPML client and need related help, please open a new support ticket.