Skip Navigation

[Resolved] Edit post with incorrect data-dependent filters makes browser unresponsive

This support ticket is created 8 years, 1 month ago. There's a good chance that you are reading advice that it now obsolete.

This is the technical support forum for Toolset - a suite of plugins for developing WordPress sites without writing PHP.

Everyone can read this forum, but only Toolset clients can post in it. Toolset support works 6 days per week, 19 hours per day.

Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
- 8:00 – 12:00 8:00 – 10:00 8:00 – 14:00 8:00 – 14:00 8:00 – 12:00 -
- 13:00 – 18:00 11:00 – 18:00 15:00 – 18:00 15:00 – 18:00 13:00 – 18:00 -

Supporter timezone: Pacific/Pago_Pago (GMT-11:00)

This topic contains 2 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by johanL-2 8 years, 1 month ago.

Assisted by: Mladen Andrejic.

Author
many custom fields.jpg

Hi!
I opendd ticket "JS script Error Google Maps Api makes the browser unresponsive" but I by mistake put it as resolved.
However, here is what I have encountered
The unresponsive browser problem occur when I’m editing a custom post which contains a post filed group with field containing conditions which points to custom field not present within the custom post. Example: I would like to have a field with a condition. But as I have many custom field named the same but with different slug names (I guess this is another issue as I cannot reuse custom field in other posts or within in the same post(If I create a filed and then remove it I cannot reuse it without changing the slug name even though it is not used in any post field group )) I see a list of custom fields named the same. I then select one of them to use within the condition. If I select a custom filed which a believe exist within the post but in reality the selected custom field is just named as the field within the post but with a different slug which is not present within the field group. No I have a condition that looks correct but it is pointing to a custom field which cannot be resolved when loading the post for editing. When removing all conditions the editing works as it should. I hope this mad it more clear. There is a private message within the old ticket for accessing the site. Please tell if you need a new one.
BR
Johan

Hello,

As Shane handled this ticket before, he will reopen the first one and also use the informations from this ticket.

It would be the best to close this ticket to and you will get support in the first one you created.

Thanks.

Briljant!
Thanks

This ticket is now closed. If you're a WPML client and need related help, please open a new support ticket.