Skip Navigation

[Closed] Edit post type form in page

This support ticket is created 3 years, 2 months ago. There's a good chance that you are reading advice that it now obsolete.

This is the technical support forum for Toolset - a suite of plugins for developing WordPress sites without writing PHP.

Everyone can read this forum, but only Toolset clients can post in it. Toolset support works 6 days per week, 19 hours per day.

Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
- 9:00 – 12:00 9:00 – 12:00 9:00 – 12:00 9:00 – 12:00 9:00 – 12:00 -
- 13:00 – 18:00 13:00 – 18:00 13:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 13:00 – 18:00 -

Supporter timezone: America/Jamaica (GMT-05:00)

This topic contains 3 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by Shane 3 years, 2 months ago.

Assisted by: Shane.

Author

Hi,

How can I add to a WP page the edit form post I have? I want to add this page to my menu so that a user can navigate to it

Thanks

Shane
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: America/Jamaica (GMT-05:00)

Hi Dimitris,

Thank you for getting in touch.

Will this edit post form be editing any specific post ? As if you've added a link to the edit form then the form won't know which post to edit.

Is it that you want to give your users the ability to edit the specific post that they have created on the site ?

Please provide some clarity so that I can best advise you on this.

Thanks,
Shane

Yes I want the user to edit his own post only.

Following this doc https://toolset.com/lesson-placement/lesson-placements-1621521-1612095/

I have to enter the 'edit' link in a view to display the edit post form but I want to add the edit post form in my menu and the user will edit his own posts like using the view method.

Shane
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: America/Jamaica (GMT-05:00)

Hi Dimitris,

The main issue here is that you won't be able to add the form link to the Menu itself since it needs the post ID to edit.

What I can suggest is that you have a page that lists out all the user's posts with a view and then add the edit link below each post that is being listed.

So when they click the edit link they will be taken to the page that will be used to edit their post.

This should be able to get a setup similar to what you want to achieve. Let me know what you think of this and we can go ahead with implementing it.

Thanks,
Shane

The topic ‘[Closed] Edit post type form in page’ is closed to new replies.