Skip Navigation

[Resolved] Edit Posts Toolset Forms Link asks for a Layout but I am designing with Content Templates

This thread is resolved. Here is a description of the problem and solution.

Problem:
I'm in the process of migrating the website from using Toolset Layouts over to Content Templates designed with Toolset Blocks.

When trying to add the Toolset Forms Edit Posts Links, it asks me to provide a Layout where the Edit Form is inserted to, and I can't hence redesign this to use a Content Template instead

Solution:
That's because you still have Layouts active on the install.
You should disable Layouts to see the option to use a Content Template, unfortunately, there is no other way of choosing a Content Template in this case as Layouts will "win" over Templates.

I suggest migrating a site from Layouts to other templating by splitting it to a staging server, disabling layouts, and then rebuilding without, so later you can either use Module Manager to export and import or simply use a Duplicator package to migrate to the live server.

This support ticket is created 4 years, 1 month ago. There's a good chance that you are reading advice that it now obsolete.

This is the technical support forum for Toolset - a suite of plugins for developing WordPress sites without writing PHP.

Everyone can read this forum, but only Toolset clients can post in it. Toolset support works 6 days per week, 19 hours per day.

Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
- - 14:00 – 20:00 14:00 – 20:00 14:00 – 20:00 14:00 – 20:00 14:00 – 20:00
- - - - - - -

Supporter timezone: Asia/Ho_Chi_Minh (GMT+07:00)

This topic contains 5 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by ScottM9386 4 years, 1 month ago.

Assisted by: Beda.

Author

Hello,

I'm in the process of moving data out of layouts entirely and over to content templates using blocks.
However, with the edit post link there only seems to be the choice of using an unassigned layout.

Thanks,
Scott.

That's because you still have Layouts active.
You should disable Layouts to see the option to use a Content Template, unfortunately, there is no other way of choosing a Content Template in this case as Layouts will "win" over Templates.

I suggest migrating a site from Layouts to other templating by splitting it to a staging server, disabling layouts, and then rebuilding without, so later you can either use Module Manager to export and import or simply use a Duplicator package to migrate to the live server.

Thanks Beda.
An observation...
I use a multi site installation. I wish one could disable toolset plugins on a per site basis rather then network wide.

My issue is resolved now. Thank you!

Hello, I apologise for the delay, my weekend was in-between

You can already enable and disable Toolset on subsites on a multisite.
It's like with any other plugin, you just need to make sure you did not network enable it, then you can enable it on each subsite manually.

ah yes of course! thank you.

This ticket is now closed. If you're a WPML client and need related help, please open a new support ticket.