Skip Navigation

[Resolved] Edit Post link Bug

This support ticket is created 4 years, 1 month ago. There's a good chance that you are reading advice that it now obsolete.

This is the technical support forum for Toolset - a suite of plugins for developing WordPress sites without writing PHP.

Everyone can read this forum, but only Toolset clients can post in it. Toolset support works 6 days per week, 19 hours per day.

Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
- 10:00 – 13:00 10:00 – 13:00 10:00 – 13:00 10:00 – 13:00 10:00 – 13:00 -
- 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 -

Supporter timezone: Asia/Kolkata (GMT+05:30)

Author

I am trying to list in the user area user posts:

https://toolset.com/documentation/user-guides/front-end-forms/cred-shortcodes/#toolset-edit-post-link

I expected to see the link

Instead, I got no link

P.s. I use elementor pro

Minesh
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: Asia/Kolkata (GMT+05:30)

Hello. Thank you for contacting the Toolset support.

As I understand - you have a view listing users and you want to display the edit user form link for the Edit user form you created - is that correct?

No, i have an admin area with user posts and i want to lista posts of users and have a link to edit them but the shortcode to edit the post link doesn't work
I have also inserted the attribute with the content_template_slug

Minesh
Supporter

Do you mean you have admin area like My Account created on the frontend so user can see their post and edit the post using post edit link? If this is correct - Can you please share problem URL and access details to be used to login to admin (backend) as well as to login to frontend so that I can see the loggedin user posts.

*** Please make a FULL BACKUP of your database and website.***
I would also eventually need to request temporary access (WP-Admin and FTP) to your site. Preferably to a test site where the problem has been replicated if possible in order to be of better help and check if some configurations might need to be changed.

I have set the next reply to private which means only you and I have access to it.

Minesh
Supporter

This is what I can see on frontend: hidden link

Do I need to log in as a non-admin user to see the posts on the frontend?

I can understand why you made this question.

All user can see posts also not logged in.

Admin and logged-in users can insert a post(location) and we are trying to insert the edit link to edit theme in the frontend (area-riservata)

Minesh
Supporter

Basically, you need to create a content template and within that content template you should add your edit form and then try to add the Edit post link:
=> https://toolset.com/documentation/getting-started-with-toolset/publish-content-from-the-front-end/forms-for-editing/

But - As you are using Elementor to build your single location posts, the normal Edit post link will not work but the edit form will not added with your single location post at the desired place.

So, I've added the following Edit link to your view:
=> hidden link

<a class="cred-edit-post" href="/edit-location-page/?edit_post_id=[wpv-post-id]">Modifica [wpv-post-title] </a>

I've created a new page "edit-location-page/" and added the Edit form to it as given under:
=> hidden link

[cred_form form='modifica-location' post='[wpv-search-term param="edit_post_id"]']

I can see now both Edit link and Edit form works as expected: hidden link

Can you please confirm.

My issue is resolved now. Thank you!

This ticket is now closed. If you're a WPML client and need related help, please open a new support ticket.