Skip Navigation

[Resolved] Edit Post Form

This support ticket is created 4 years, 9 months ago. There's a good chance that you are reading advice that it now obsolete.

This is the technical support forum for Toolset - a suite of plugins for developing WordPress sites without writing PHP.

Everyone can read this forum, but only Toolset clients can post in it. Toolset support works 6 days per week, 19 hours per day.

Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
- 10:00 – 13:00 10:00 – 13:00 10:00 – 13:00 10:00 – 13:00 10:00 – 13:00 -
- 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 -

Supporter timezone: Asia/Kolkata (GMT+05:30)

This topic contains 5 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by Minesh 4 years, 9 months ago.

Assisted by: Minesh.

Author

Tell us what you are trying to do? We used Toolset to create a job listing board. We want to make it so users submit posts via this "create a Listing" form can later go back and edit the post(s) they have created. Ideally rather than having to navigate to the post itself, a user could go to an "Edit My Post" page, but it doesn't seem like I can embed and "Edit Post" content form to a page.

Is there any documentation that you are following? I am looking at this documentation but I'm not certain if it does what I need. Ideally I could create a page called "edit my listing" where users could edit their posts (exactly like the Create My Listing button & page). If that is not possible, I want users to see an option to edit the post in the individual post view (example: hidden link) only if they are the creator.

Is there a similar example that we can see?

What is the link to your site? hidden link

Minesh
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: Asia/Kolkata (GMT+05:30)

Hello. Thank you for contacting the Toolset support.

As I understand, first you want to list all posts created by the current logged in user with the "Edit" link so when user click on "Edit" it will display the edit post form for the selected post?

Screen Shot 2019-07-08 at 8.21.19 AM.png
Screen Shot 2019-07-08 at 8.19.51 AM.png

It would be great if I could create a button like this to direct users to edit their post(s) (see image of "Create A Listing" button).

If I cannot do that, I would like to add a link so users can edit posts they have published on the post itself (screenshot of single post).

Minesh
Supporter

When you click on the button - what you want to display?
- list of posts created by user in tabular format with post title and Edit link
- or you want to just display single edit post link?

Option 1: list of posts created by user in tabular format with post title and Edit link

Thank you, I appreciate the guidance and questions.

Minesh
Supporter

This ticket is now closed. If you're a WPML client and need related help, please open a new support ticket.