Skip Navigation

[Closed] Edit own post using Forms and Access

This support ticket is created 3 years ago. There's a good chance that you are reading advice that it now obsolete.

This is the technical support forum for Toolset - a suite of plugins for developing WordPress sites without writing PHP.

Everyone can read this forum, but only Toolset clients can post in it. Toolset support works 6 days per week, 19 hours per day.

No supporters are available to work today on Toolset forum. Feel free to create tickets and we will handle it as soon as we are online. Thank you for your understanding.

Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
8:00 – 12:00 8:00 – 12:00 8:00 – 12:00 8:00 – 12:00 8:00 – 12:00 - -
13:00 – 17:00 13:00 – 17:00 13:00 – 17:00 13:00 – 17:00 13:00 – 17:00 - -

Supporter timezone: America/New_York (GMT-04:00)

Author

This one is a little tricky to explain and I cannot find enough or accurate guidance within Tutorials.

Let's say, I have created a directory (Custom Post, Fields, Taxonomy and Archive Page) for folks for post their CV's / Resume.

In the first instance, I would like folks to enter all their details on the Post Form, submit and I get a Draft version. Once approved, they get notified via email that it's published. This is fine and I have managed to get this done via the tutorials.

But....:
2) I am also not able to get users to edit just their entry. I cannot see the Guest (session) column in my views when looking at Access Control. Users should only have access to their details and also be able to edit them when needed due to changes etc. Right now it appears anyone can...and also the format is terrible for the post form (this is the Post Form example I created and you can see repeat in bullet points hidden link )

In effect, I know all this is possible and it will be a learning curve...happy to take it one step at a time but need the tutorials.

Put simply:

People seeking jobs....post CV...can edit...can change etc...not all fields should be visible on front end (like email) and I should be able to export.

Recruiters....post Jobs or Look for people....

Thank you for your continued super support.
SG

Let's discuss #2 here, the issue where you want to only allow Users to edit their own content. Can you explain more about this:
I cannot see the Guest (session) column in my views when looking at Access Control.
Can you provide a screenshot illustrating the problem? I don't quite understand what you want to achieve here.

the format is terrible for the post form (this is the Post Form example I created and you can see repeat in bullet points hidden link )
I'm not really able to see much here, maybe I need a login to see the Form? Private reply fields are active here.

The topic ‘[Closed] Edit own post using Forms and Access’ is closed to new replies.