Skip Navigation

[Resolved] Edit link not showing on front end user post profile, but shows on admin.

This support ticket is created 4 years, 4 months ago. There's a good chance that you are reading advice that it now obsolete.

This is the technical support forum for Toolset - a suite of plugins for developing WordPress sites without writing PHP.

Everyone can read this forum, but only Toolset clients can post in it. Toolset support works 6 days per week, 19 hours per day.

Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
- 10:00 – 13:00 10:00 – 13:00 10:00 – 13:00 10:00 – 13:00 10:00 – 13:00 -
- 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 -

Supporter timezone: Asia/Kolkata (GMT+05:30)

Author

I am trying to display edit profile link at the top of the profile.

Link to a page where the issue can be seen: hidden link

I expected to see an edit link at the top of the page like the admin shows.

Instead, I see no link for user edit when logged in.

Minesh
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: Asia/Kolkata (GMT+05:30)

Hello. Thank you for contacting the Toolset support.

When I logged in using the access details you shared I can see the Edit profile link just above the top banner. Can you please tell me for which user/role you want to display the Edit profile link?

Talent role. Thanks

Hi Minesh,

When viewing the Talent post as logged in Admin, the "Edit" link returns to the admin wp edit page, not the talent edit form template. The instructions said not to add that template to any page (link below).

One more thing I noticed...When I edit the post type "Talent" from wp-editor (specifically I added images to a new Talent post), the images do not show on the front end template view.

Instructions I used: https://toolset.com/documentation/getting-started-with-toolset/publish-content-from-the-front-end/forms-for-editing/#adding-an-edit-link-to-templates-that-display-single-items

Thank you!

Update, I tried one more time after updating to the beta version of Views. The link now shows with the edit-talent-profile ID, but it will not go there. Clicking on the link stays on profile itself.

I'm still not sure why the content doesn't show when a profile is created on the wp admin.

Any help would be great! Thanks!

Minesh
Supporter

First of all, before you added the [wpv-post-edit-link] shortcode and that is not the shortcode you should use to display the Edit link for the post form.

Now, there is a knows compatibility issue when you use Beaver themer single layout and try to add the Toolset form's Edit post link to it and there is no solution yet.

But, I've a workaround to offer you. I've created the following page where I've added the Edit form as given under:
=> hidden link

<div class="wp-block-toolset-cred-form">[cred-form form="talent-profile-editing-form" post="[wpv-search-term param='profile_id']" ]</div>

And, I simply added the Form's Edit link as given under to your Beaver themer's single layout template;

<p style="text-align: right;">
<a class="cred-edit-post" href="/edit-talent-profile-page/?profile_id=[wpv-post-id]">Edit [wpv-post-title] </a>
</p>

Now, if you can check the Edit link and click on it: hidden link

Kind of hacky but works 🙂

Hi Minesh, This works, but it works all the time. When any user role with Talent is logged in, they can see that edit link on other profiles. How can I only show that for the user who's profile is current logged in user profile?

One side question... When there is a cred form to insert an image like on these profiles, is the front end form the only way that image shows up. If I add image from wp-admin, the image won't populate. I have to add from front end form.
Is this another Beaver Themer compatibility issue?

Thanks for the help!

Minesh
Supporter

Glad to know that the solution I shared help you to display the Edit form with Beaver themer single layout.

Regarding your addon questions, as per our support policy, we entertain only one question per ticket. This will help other users searching on the forum as well as help us to write the correct problem resolution summery for the problem to which solution eventually belongs to.

I'll split the ticket with your add on questions. Please feel free to close this ticket.

This ticket is now closed. If you're a WPML client and need related help, please open a new support ticket.