Skip Navigation

[Resolved] Edit form from frontend only – Layout/View tutorial, not for Toolset Blocks

This support ticket is created 3 years, 1 month ago. There's a good chance that you are reading advice that it now obsolete.

This is the technical support forum for Toolset - a suite of plugins for developing WordPress sites without writing PHP.

Everyone can read this forum, but only Toolset clients can post in it. Toolset support works 6 days per week, 19 hours per day.

Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
- 10:00 – 13:00 10:00 – 13:00 10:00 – 13:00 10:00 – 13:00 10:00 – 13:00 -
- 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 -

Supporter timezone: Asia/Kolkata (GMT+05:30)

This topic contains 5 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by jiriK-2 3 years ago.

Assisted by: Minesh.

Author

Tell us what you are trying to do?

Hello, I'm trying to fix a possibility to edit my form on the frontend only.

Is there any documentation that you are following?

I'm trying to follow this tutorial https://toolset.com/course-lesson/front-end-forms-for-editing-content/ but the second part of this tutorial is made for Blocks... and in my case, I'm using the Layout/Views solution.

My problem is that when I click on the Edit link (of the post content) in the frontend, then I'm redirected to the backend editing section, which is what I want. I need to edit the content in the frontend only.

Many thanks for your suggestion.

Best,
Jiri.

Sorry, I just need to put right my previous sentence:

"My problem is that when I click on the Edit link (of the post content) in the frontend, then I'm redirected to the backend editing section, which is NOT what I want."

Minesh
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: Asia/Kolkata (GMT+05:30)

Hello. Thank you for contacting the Toolset support.

I'm not sure why you are using the Layouts as I just wanted to inform you that Layouts plugin is added to Maintance mode only, so we will not add any new feature to it.

The legacy Doc is not available for now, Can you please tell me on what page/post you want to display Edit link for what Edit form with temporary admin access detials.

*** Please make a FULL BACKUP of your database and website.***
I would also eventually need to request temporary access (WP-Admin) to your site. Preferably to a test site where the problem has been replicated if possible in order to be of better help and check if some configurations might need to be changed.

I have set the next reply to private which means only you and I have access to it.

Please give me 3 more days, I can't do it now. Thank you!

Minesh
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: Asia/Kolkata (GMT+05:30)

Ok fine - no issues.

Sorry, I'm on a holiday now... I really need to fix this issue. Please give me one more week. Many thanks! 🙂

This ticket is now closed. If you're a WPML client and need related help, please open a new support ticket.