Skip Navigation

[Resolved] Edit CPT using frontend form

This thread is resolved. Here is a description of the problem and solution.

Problem:
Edit CPT using frontend form

Solution:
User has assigned different post type and that was the issue.

You can find the proposed solution in this case with the following reply:
=> https://toolset.com/forums/topic/edit-cpt/#post-1970163

Relevant Documentation:
https://toolset.com/course-lesson/front-end-forms-for-editing-content

This support ticket is created 3 years, 1 month ago. There's a good chance that you are reading advice that it now obsolete.

This is the technical support forum for Toolset - a suite of plugins for developing WordPress sites without writing PHP.

Everyone can read this forum, but only Toolset clients can post in it. Toolset support works 6 days per week, 19 hours per day.

No supporters are available to work today on Toolset forum. Feel free to create tickets and we will handle it as soon as we are online. Thank you for your understanding.

Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
- 10:00 – 13:00 10:00 – 13:00 10:00 – 13:00 10:00 – 13:00 10:00 – 13:00 -
- 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 -

Supporter timezone: Asia/Kolkata (GMT+05:30)

This topic contains 8 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by nestorC-2 3 years, 1 month ago.

Assisted by: Minesh.

Author

Hello,

When I add an Edit post Link I get hidden link "Create a new Layout that will include the editing form. You can start from scratch or copy the template you use to display the content and modify it." instead https://toolset.com/wp-content/uploads/2019/11/toolset-forms-editing-content-6-new.png

So I can't select the form template

I've done the tutorial so I have

- A CPT
- A CPT template assigned to the CPT (where I try to add the edit link)
- An edit form for the CPT
- A template unassigned with the editing form

https://toolset.com/course-lesson/front-end-forms-for-editing-content/?utm_source=plugin&utm_medium=gui&utm_campaign=forms

Could you help?

Thanks

Minesh
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: Asia/Kolkata (GMT+05:30)

Hello. Thank you for contacting the Toolset support.

First of all, I would like to know - Are you using Layouts? If no:
- I suggest to deactivate that plugin and then try to add the Edit link, does that works?

Hello,

Yes, now I can

But it does not show the link, this is the shortcode generated for the field and text block Edit form

<p style="text-align: center;">[toolset-edit-post-link content_template_slug='form-company-edit1' target='self']Edit Company[/toolset-edit-post-link]</p>

But no visual output for Edit (Delete works fine) hidden link

----------------
Another issue is that in this CPT within a conditional it does not show the content, but in others yes

hidden link Current user ID = CPT Author ID

Thanks

Minesh
Supporter

As per our support policy, we entertain only one question per ticket. This will help other users searching on the forum as well as help us to write correct problem resolution summery for the original issue reported. Please kindly open a new ticket with every new question you may have. I hope this makes sense and thank you for understanding.

Can you please share the page/post where you try to add the Edit link as well as admin access details.

*** Please make a FULL BACKUP of your database and website.***
I would also eventually need to request temporary access (WP-Admin) to your site. Preferably to a test site where the problem has been replicated if possible in order to be of better help and check if some configurations might need to be changed.

I have set the next reply to private which means only you and I have access to it.

Thanks

Minesh
Supporter

I try to access the login page you shared: hidden link

But it shows me 404 page not found error. Can you please send me working login link.

Sure, sorry for that, hidden link

Minesh
Supporter

The thing is that, you have to create a content template that should hold the edit form for your different post type.

So, following content template, I've set to display the edit form of Company post type:
=> hidden link

And added the edit post link using the "Fields and Text" block to the content template that is used to display single post of post type company: hidden link

I can see the edit link on the frontend: hidden link

Now, for instance you created Edit form for post type X, you have to create another content template and add the Edit form that is set to display edit form for post type X and then add the edit link.

I hope this is clear now. 🙂

My issue is resolved now. Thank you!

This ticket is now closed. If you're a WPML client and need related help, please open a new support ticket.