Skip Navigation

[Resolved] Each form submission creates two posts

This support ticket is created 5 years, 7 months ago. There's a good chance that you are reading advice that it now obsolete.

This is the technical support forum for Toolset - a suite of plugins for developing WordPress sites without writing PHP.

Everyone can read this forum, but only Toolset clients can post in it. Toolset support works 6 days per week, 19 hours per day.

Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
- 10:00 – 13:00 10:00 – 13:00 10:00 – 13:00 10:00 – 13:00 10:00 – 13:00 -
- 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 -

Supporter timezone: Asia/Kolkata (GMT+05:30)

This topic contains 6 replies, has 3 voices.

Last updated by Minesh 5 years, 6 months ago.

Assisted by: Minesh.

Author

I am trying to:
Create a post of custom post type 'listing' using my Cred Form

Link to a page where the issue can be seen:
CRED form is here - hidden link - but the page is password protected so you won't be able to see it unless logged in

I expected to see:
A single, pending post

Instead, I got:
For each submission, two posts are created.
The first has all of the custom fields associated with the post type, and a post title like CRED Auto Draft
The second has the title, body text and featured image

Hello,

The problem you mentioned above is abnormal, please try these:

1) In case it is a compatibility problem, please deactivate other plugins, and switch to wordpress default theme 2017, and test again

2) If the problem still persists, please provide database dump file(ZIP file) of your website, also point out the problem page URL and view URL, I need to test and debug it in my localhost, thanks
https://toolset.com/faq/provide-supporters-copy-site/

listing.JPG

I have tried your database in a fresh wordpress installation, it works fine, here are detail steps, please correct me if there is anything missing:
1) submit the Toolset form in URL
hidden link

2) Check the result here:
hidden link

It works fine, there is only one new "Pending" post, see screenshot listing.JPG

So it should be a compatibility problem of your website, please try as I mentioned in the first answer:
In case it is a compatibility problem, please deactivate other plugins, and switch to wordpress default theme 2017, and test again

If you need assistance to locate the problem plugin/theme, please backup your website first, I can try to help you to locate it in your website.

I believe the issue is with user roles. We are using a plugin called S2MemberPro to make the site a membership site.

I am unable to replicate the bug when logged in as an adminstrator, but it affects users with roles

s2member_level1 through s2member_level5

Is it possible that these roles are missing a capability which would make a difference?

I have installed a role editor plugin so you can see what these roles are:

hidden link

I have tried the "s2Member" with username "Abigail Barclay", it works fine, only one post created.

Again, it should be a compatibility problem of your website, please try as I mentioned in the first answer:
In case it is a compatibility problem, please deactivate other plugins, and switch to wordpress default theme 2017, and test again.

If the problem is fixed, try to activate other plugins/theme one by one to locate the problem plugin/theme

This issue is still ongoing

Frustratingly, it's not always happening

Yesterday, a submission worked fine (no 'split'). Today, one failed and resulted in two posts.

The only difference I can see between them is that one user filled in the Twitter field, and one didn't. Is it possible for a single field to cause problems?

Minesh
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: Asia/Kolkata (GMT+05:30)

Luo is on vacation. This is Minesh here and I'll take care of this ticket. Hope this is OK.

Well - I do not able to reproduce the issue, it looks like specific with your install. Have you tried checking your issue with the minimum install (Only Toolset plugins + default theme active)?

This ticket is now closed. If you're a WPML client and need related help, please open a new support ticket.