Skip Navigation

[Resolved] Dynamic video in CPT template using DIVI builder

This support ticket is created 6 years ago. There's a good chance that you are reading advice that it now obsolete.

This is the technical support forum for Toolset - a suite of plugins for developing WordPress sites without writing PHP.

Everyone can read this forum, but only Toolset clients can post in it. Toolset support works 6 days per week, 19 hours per day.

Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
- 10:00 – 13:00 10:00 – 13:00 10:00 – 13:00 10:00 – 13:00 10:00 – 13:00 -
- 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 -

Supporter timezone: Asia/Kolkata (GMT+05:30)

This topic contains 4 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by alberto 6 years ago.

Assisted by: Minesh.

Author

Hi,
1. First of all I would like to know if this information is valid because there is no date on it :

"Toolset also features its own builder plugin called Layouts. However, when using Toolset with Divi, we recommend not to activate it and to use Divi Builder instead" - https://toolset.com/documentation/recommended-themes/toolset-divi-integration/

If this is the valid then:

2. I would like to know how to add a dynamic video in a template.
I have a CPT parent called News, with a CPT child called Videos.
When I want to publish a template for News, and I use the video module from the DIVI builder, this video module only allows me to add a URL, if I put the shortcode of views for the video it would not show me the video.

I need this video module to be dynamic because it would be the template for all the news.
Can you give me some support on this two questions? , thanks a lot

Minesh
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: Asia/Kolkata (GMT+05:30)

Hello. Thank you for contacting the Toolset support.

Well - could you please tell me how the video field is stored - maybe I need to check on your install.

Could you please share information where exactly you want to display your child posts - please share problem URL.

*** Please make a FULL BACKUP of your database and website.***
I would also eventually need to request temporary access (WP-Admin and FTP) to your site. Preferably to a test site where the problem has been replicated if possible in order to be of better help and check if some configurations might need to be changed.

I would additionally need your permission to de- and re-activate Plugins and the Theme, and to change configurations on the site. This is also a reason the backup is really important. If you agree to this, please use the form fields I have enabled below to provide temporary access details (wp-admin and FTP).

I have set the next reply to private which means only you and I have access to it.

This form didnt give me the option for no giving the server info so I had to put noneed-anymore because I solved, but I need to know.

1. First of all I would like to know if this information is valid because there is no date on it :

"Toolset also features its own builder plugin called Layouts. However, when using Toolset with Divi, we recommend not to activate it and to use Divi Builder instead" - https://toolset.com/documentation/recommended-themes/toolset-divi-integration/

If this still valid ?

Minesh
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: Asia/Kolkata (GMT+05:30)

Yes - it's still valid.

thanks a lot for your support !

This ticket is now closed. If you're a WPML client and need related help, please open a new support ticket.