Skip Navigation

[Resolved] Dynamic blocks not available

This support ticket is created 3 years, 10 months ago. There's a good chance that you are reading advice that it now obsolete.

This is the technical support forum for Toolset - a suite of plugins for developing WordPress sites without writing PHP.

Everyone can read this forum, but only Toolset clients can post in it. Toolset support works 6 days per week, 19 hours per day.

Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
- 9:00 – 12:00 9:00 – 12:00 9:00 – 12:00 9:00 – 12:00 9:00 – 12:00 -
- 13:00 – 18:00 13:00 – 18:00 13:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 13:00 – 18:00 -

Supporter timezone: America/Jamaica (GMT-05:00)

Tagged: 

This topic contains 7 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by JoshuaD7497 3 years, 10 months ago.

Assisted by: Shane.

Author

I've set a draft website up using Ocean WP (and Elementor).

I have a custom post type 'Poppyland Beers'

I'm trying to set up the single and archive template. But when I add a block such as a heading or an image block, it doesn't prompt me to use dynamic content, nor does it gove the option of dynamic content in the Block properties, as per the tutorials.

(i.e. no option for dynamic content as in step 4 at hidden link)

Can you advise?

I'm not actually using the Elementor interface, nor do I particularly want to use it.

I've disabled the plug-in but I still have the same issue when editing a template. I can't use dynamic fields.

This is an example of a single custom post I have created: hidden link

I have managed to get it working but I had to insert Toolset individual fields (the old way).

I would like to add any block and have the option to use dynamic content automatically.

Shane
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: America/Jamaica (GMT-05:00)

Hi Joshua,

Thank you for getting in touch.

Would you mind allowing me to have admin access to the site so that I can check on this particular issue for you ?

The private fields will be enabled for your next response.

Thanks,
Shane

Shane
Supporter

Screenshot 2020-05-28 at 9.10.07 AM.png
Screenshot 2020-05-28 at 9.10.16 AM.png

Hi Joshua,

The issue seems to be that you are using the default wordpress blocks.

In order to use the dynamic settings you will need to use the Toolset Specific Heading Block. See Screenshot

Likewise with the image block.

I've tested both of these on your template and they both pull the information. You will need to enable the dynamic settings on the block once you've inserted it to your template.

Please let me know if this clears things up for you.

Thanks,
Shane

Hi Shane,

Thanks for the advice. Wow - that was much easier to resolve than I expected. Working well now! 🙂

On a separate note, since yesterday I installed NextGen Gallery and when I went to edit or add a new beer, it would crash with "The editor encountered an unexpected error". Took me a while to find the cause:

As suggested by a user at the page below, I've removed the built in WP Featured Image from the Custom Fields options for Beers and created a custom field for the featured image instead. And all is fine now. But just thought I'd mention it.

https://toolset.com/forums/topic/the-editor-encountered-an-unexpected-error/

Regards,
Josh.

Shane
Supporter

Hi Joshua,

Happy to see that I was able to help you with resolving the issue .

If there are no further questions or comments on this then you can go ahead and mark this ticket as resolved.

Thanks,
Shane

My issue is resolved now. Thank you!

This ticket is now closed. If you're a WPML client and need related help, please open a new support ticket.