Skip Navigation

[Resolved] Drag and Drop Editor for CRED?

This thread is resolved. Here is a description of the problem and solution.

Problem:
Will CRED provide a Drag and Drop editor in future?

Solution:
We do not ship a Form Builder with Drag'n'Drop because we want the WebSite Master to have full control over the output.

A Drag'n'Drop builder means also, less control over HTML, Classes and ID's, etc.

With CRED You can auto-generate the Forms.

But you can also add Custom HTML, such as Bootstrap as example.

You can build great forms with a few changes to the HTML and adding Custom JS and CSS.

Having a Drag'n'Drop builder would allow you too build a *few* variations, predefined by us.

This would restrict the power of CRED Forms.

This support ticket is created 7 years, 11 months ago. There's a good chance that you are reading advice that it now obsolete.

This is the technical support forum for Toolset - a suite of plugins for developing WordPress sites without writing PHP.

Everyone can read this forum, but only Toolset clients can post in it. Toolset support works 6 days per week, 19 hours per day.

Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
- - 14:00 – 20:00 14:00 – 20:00 14:00 – 20:00 14:00 – 20:00 14:00 – 20:00
- - - - - - -

Supporter timezone: Asia/Ho_Chi_Minh (GMT+07:00)

Author

I'm wondering if you plan to release a drag-and-drop form builder for CRED, similar to Gravity Forms. I think Toolset is great overall, but I'm disappointed that you have to create CRED forms by hand-coding HTML and shortcodes. I realize it has a wizard, which makes the process a little easier, but seriously, it's 2016. How can you sell a $150 software package that requires the user to code forms by hand?

We do not ship a Form Builder with Drag'n'Drop because we want the WebSite Master to have full control over the output.

A Drag'n'Drop builder means also, less control over HTML, Classes and ID's, etc.

With CRED You can auto-generate the Forms.

But you can also add Custom HTML, such as Bootstrap as example.

You can build great forms with a few changes to the HTML and adding Custom JS and CSS.

Having a Drag'n'Drop builder would allow you too build a *few* variations, predefined by us.

This would restrict the power of CRED Forms.

I will nonetheless pass your suggestion to the DEV Team, but if our developers will add a new feature or not is not up-to us Supporters to determine.
Each issue reported in, whether a bug or a new feature request, is taken seriously into consideration.
It is given a high or low priority based on a number of factors.
Factors which those with the overview of all things related are in the best position to determine.
I apologize any inconvenience this may cause.

Thank you for your suggestions.

Hi Beda,

I agree, there are certainly benefits to being able to edit the code directly, but there's no reason why you can't offer both options. The drag-and-drop editor would allow you to quickly build out the form, then you can switch to HTML mode if necessary, to further refine it.

And by the way, a perfect example of this is your Layouts module. It allows you to design layouts using drag-and-drop, but you still have the ability to customize the design using HTML and CSS.

Since you feature the drag-and-drop aspect of Layouts so prominently on your website, I assumed CRED would also offer this functionality.

This ticket is now closed. If you're a WPML client and need related help, please open a new support ticket.