Skip Navigation

[Resolved] Draft button, Naming Pictures, and Delete pictures permanently

This thread is resolved. Here is a description of the problem and solution.

Problem: I have a View of published posts, and I would like to include a button on the front-end of the site to set the post status to be "Draft" instead of "Publish".

Solution: You can do this with a Form that is set to Draft status. Remove all the visible inputs except the Submit button and change the button to say "Draft" or something else.

This support ticket is created 4 years, 11 months ago. There's a good chance that you are reading advice that it now obsolete.

This is the technical support forum for Toolset - a suite of plugins for developing WordPress sites without writing PHP.

Everyone can read this forum, but only Toolset clients can post in it. Toolset support works 6 days per week, 19 hours per day.

Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
8:00 – 12:00 8:00 – 12:00 8:00 – 12:00 8:00 – 12:00 8:00 – 12:00 - -
13:00 – 17:00 13:00 – 17:00 13:00 – 17:00 13:00 – 17:00 13:00 – 17:00 - -

Supporter timezone: America/New_York (GMT-04:00)

Author

I'm curious to know if it's possible the following:

1) I noticed that there is an Edit and a Delete button for custom posts, but I did not find a Draft button. Since my clients sometimes like to pause their campaigns once in a while, I was wondering if there is a Draft button that can be used in View. This would turn their custom post from Published to Drafted. Then in the future, they might turn back on to Published.

2) When uploading pictures in the Post Form, is there a script where the uploaded pictures would be renamed after the post title or some other combination such as post title + user's first name, etc? That way it organizes the pictures with the custom post or the user. Easier to find in the future.

3) In the Post Edit Form, when the user decides to change the images (custom image field) by deleting the current pictures so they can upload the new ones, how can I make sure that the delete pictures are deleted permanently from the database and not just from the custom fields?

4) When the user decides to delete his/her custom post, how can I make sure that the pictures attached to the custom post are also deleted permanently?

Thanks for the help.

1) I noticed that there is an Edit and a Delete button for custom posts, but I did not find a Draft button
This isn't built in to the current software, but you could accomplish it with a Toolset Form that edits the post, and specifies Draft status in the Form settings. Remove all the visible input fields except the Submit button and change the text in the button to something like "Draft". Place the Form in the View. Now you have a button that can be used to draft each post in the View. Depending on the View settings, you may need to hide the Form using conditional HTML if the post is already drafted.

One topic per ticket please, this helps us keep the forum organized and helps other users find answers to similar questions. I'm splitting the other questions up as needed and someone will follow up with you shortly.

This worked perfectly! My issue is resolved now. Thank you!

This ticket is now closed. If you're a WPML client and need related help, please open a new support ticket.