Skip Navigation

[Resolved] Does toolset starter them follow all the basic codes of the WooCommerce codes?

This thread is resolved. Here is a description of the problem and solution.

Problem:

The issue here is that the customer wanted to know if the toolset starter theme came pre-packaged with the woocommerce hooks.

Solution:

Unfortunately no it does not as our theme is a bare bones theme meant to be used with our Views and Layouts plugins.

This support ticket is created 5 years, 11 months ago. There's a good chance that you are reading advice that it now obsolete.

This is the technical support forum for Toolset - a suite of plugins for developing WordPress sites without writing PHP.

Everyone can read this forum, but only Toolset clients can post in it. Toolset support works 6 days per week, 19 hours per day.

Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
- 9:00 – 12:00 9:00 – 12:00 9:00 – 12:00 9:00 – 12:00 9:00 – 12:00 -
- 13:00 – 18:00 13:00 – 18:00 13:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 13:00 – 18:00 -

Supporter timezone: America/Jamaica (GMT-05:00)

This topic contains 6 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by Nicholas 5 years, 11 months ago.

Assisted by: Shane.

Author

Does the Toolset Starter child theme keep all the hooks (actions and filters) and HTML classes and IDs from the standard WooCommerce theme files?

Implement WooCommerce actions and filters
woocommerce_before_shop_loop_item: this is normally fired in the content-product.php template file before each product being printed
woocommerce_after_add_to_cart_button: this action is being fired on product detail pages after the cart button has been printed out. I use this hook to add the necessary code to the page to track add-to-cart clicks
woocommerce_before_template_part: this action is being used by me in conjunction with the following action
woocommerce_after_template_part: this action and the ‘before’ pair is being used currently to be able to hook into the product list widgets on the site. Using this I can add additional codes to widgets so that I can track product impressions and clicks on those items.
Also very important detail is that by default those WooCommerce widgets do not add any class attribute to the product items. Because of this I add the class=”widget-product-item” attribute to each which might conflict with your code if you add classes to widget items as well within your own code
widget_title: I use this filter to save the title of the product list widgets to pass this string to the Google Analytics reports. Using this you can see in your GA reports where your products were being shown
woocommerce_cart_item_product: I use this filter in conjunction with the following filter to save some metadata about the product being shown on the cart page
woocommerce_cart_item_remove_link: I use this filter in conjunction with the previous filter to add product meta data to the remove product links on the cart page. This is needed to be able to properly track remove from cart events in Google Analytics with full product details.
woocommerce_related_products_args: the related products part of the product detail page uses this filter when applying arguments to the WordPress query. I use this to keep the info that the recent products list is being currently generated so that I can add this info while reporting product impressions and clicks to Google Analytics.
Unfortunately there is no such filter for the up-sell and cross-sells templates. I added a pull request to the WooCommerce core to solve this issue, it might be included in WooCommerce 2.6 so that I can also report proper list names.
woocommerce_shortcode_before_<shortcode>_loop where shortcode can be: recent_products, sale_products, best_selling_products, top_rated_products, featured_products, related_products: I use those actions to remember which product lists are being shown on a page using shortcodes. Using this I can report the list name to Google Analytics while sending product impression and click data.
wp_footer: well, I you do not include this action in your theme
woocommerce_cart_item_restored: this action is being used to generate an add to cart event if the user decides to restore the product that has been just removed from the cart
Class names used in standard template tags

product-quantity: this should be part of the classes on the cart page for the quantity <input> element
update_cart: this should be the name attribute of the ‘Update cart’ button on the cart page. This and the product-quantity class is needed to properly report cart modification to Google Analytics
checkout: this should be the name of the form on your checkout page. It is being used to report selected payment and shipping to Google Analytics
shipping_method: you should surround the shipping method list using an element with an ID set to this. <input type=”radio”…> element should be inside of the wrapper
payment_methods: you should surround the payment list using an element with a class set to this. <input type=”radio”…> element should be inside of the wrapper
shop_table + cart: on the cart page the cart product list has to be inside a table using both classes like this: <table class”shop_table cart” … >
cart_list: this should be the class of the mini cart widget that surrounds the cart items in the widget
mini_cart_item: this should be one of the classes in the element of each product in the mini cart widget
product-remove: this should be one of the classes in the element of each product on the cart page
remove: this should be one of the classes in the remove link element of the mini cart widget and the normal cart page
single_add_to_cart_button: this should be included in the classes of the cart button on a product detail page
add_to_cart_button: this should be included in the classes of the cart button on a product list page
product: this should be included in the classes of the product list wrapper (usually a

element) on a product list page
    use the post_class() WordPress function while listing products
    product-category: if there are product categories listed on a product list page, you should include this class in the link element of the product category list items so that my tracking can omit tracking of product category links as product links

Shane
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: America/Jamaica (GMT-05:00)

Hi Nicholas,

Thank you for contacting our support forum.

Our Toolset starter theme is no longer available but I doubt that these functions were there in the theme.

Thanks,
Shane

Can you please check for me which ones of the following actions/filters are there.

-woocommerce_before_shop_loop_item: hidden link

-woocommerce_after_add_to_cart_button: hidden link

-woocommerce_before_template_part: hidden link

-woocommerce_after_template_part: hidden link

-widget_title: hidden link

-woocommerce_cart_item_product: hidden link

-woocommerce_cart_item_remove_link: hidden link

-woocommerce_related_products_args: hidden link

-woocommerce_shortcode_before_<shortcode>_loop: hidden link

-woocommerce_cart_item_restored: hidden link

Thank you.

Shane
Supporter

Hi Nicholas,

No these functions are not present in our toolset starter theme.

This theme is meant to be a bare bones basic theme to work with our Toolset plugins.

Thanks
Shane

Do you know where I can download the toolset starter theme?

Shane
Supporter

Hi Nicholas,

As mentioned previously our Toolset Starter theme is no longer available for download as it is not supported anymore.

Thanks,
Shane

Ok thank you.

This ticket is now closed. If you're a WPML client and need related help, please open a new support ticket.